Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best sauces for Pulled Pork?

Options
Franco
Franco Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Having pulled pork tonight and wanting to try some new sauces. What do you like best?[p]Also a while ago I made a sauce called Mid-South Mustard Sauce, but have lost the recipe. Any one know where to find it?[p]Thanks as always, Frank

Comments

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Franco,[p]My current favorite is the Lexington-Style Dip from 'North Carolina Barbecue' by Bob Garner. It's a fairly thin, tangy sauce that really complements the flavors of pork and smoke.[p]3 cups apple-cider vinegar
    2/3 cup brown or white sugar (I use less, being a Yankee)
    1/2 cup catsup (I use more)
    2 T Texas Pete hot sauce
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp black pepper
    1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    1 tsp onion powder
    2 tsp Kitchen Bouquet browning sauce[p]Combine everything in a large pot; bring to a simmer over medium hueat and stir until sugar dissolves. let sit for several hours before using. Keeps well in a well-sealed container, refrigerated or not.[p]Cathy[p]

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Franco, check out the link - we use this sauce on pulled pork, pulled beef and as a dippin sauce with hot wings. Easy to make and gets better with age.[p]Have a great day!

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ Sauce[/ul]
  • Franco
    Franco Posts: 88
    Options
    Cat,[p]Sounds great! Can you use something else instead of Texas Pete's like Louisiana Hot Sauce or Tabasco?[p]Thanks, Frank

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Franco,
    Louisiana Hot Sauce or Crystal Hot Sauce are about the same heat as Texas Pete. They aren't exactly the same in flavor but close enough.
    JimW

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Franco,
    I forgot to add that Tabasco sauce is much hotter that any of the others.
    JimW