Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Amazon Deal Days

Options
Photo Egg
Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
Anyone score anything good?
Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Four things, three from Amazon.
    1.  Amazon Plug to allow Alexa to turn stuff on and off - $5
    2.  Blink camera so I can sit inside and watch my egg - $16
    3.  $10 free for buying a $40 gift card.
    4.  Two pair of Duluth Trading Buck Naked Undies because other sites were doing their own prime sales. $17.50 each.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Round marble cordless charger for my new iPhone, $11.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Spike_MI
    Options

Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Dutch Oven With Loop Handles, 5 qt    $49.99

Michigan - Large BGE - Green Mountain Davy Crockett - Weber Gasser 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Cheap orbital sander, two insulated wine glasses, some exercise apparel and some new snap band running lights as the days are getting shorter again. 

All in all a bunch of crap I didn’t really need. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    I’ve put a lot of stuff in my cart over the past two days but never pulled the trigger on anything. However, right now I’m sitting on all 8 Harry Potter films on blu-ray for $28. I think I might actually close that deal. Big spender!
    New Orleans LA
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I haven't looked. I'm currently in a 12 step program to help me recover from my addiction.  For far too many years, I spent way too much money on Amazon purchases.
    As my father was fond of telling me when I was younger " We can't afford to save any more money on sales"
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    GregW said:
    I haven't looked. I'm currently in a 12 step program to help me recover from my addiction.  For far too many years, I spent way too much money on Amazon purchases.
    As my father was fond of telling me when I was younger " We can't afford to save any more money on sales"
    Wise words!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I picked up Amazon Echo Show 8 @half price. I have an Echo 5 and and really like it.
    Also a LED adjustable camera light.
    Other stuff was just things I had in my cart that happened to drop on Prime Day.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Looking hard at a javelin pro even though I don’t need one $39
    LBGE
    AL
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    Almost pulled the trigger on a Ring system, ended up not doing it. However, the wife saw these wine glasses while we were watching Scandal and became obsessed with them. So I did by her a set that will be broken by Christmas.

Las Vegas, NV

• Photo Egg
    Options
    Almost pulled the trigger on a Ring system, ended up not doing it. However, the wife saw these wine glasses while we were watching Scandal and became obsessed with them. So I did by her a set that will be broken by Christmas.

Damn, I would break a set every weekend.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SWMBO breaks so many wine glasses we keep around 5 cases of spares stocked.  I was never much of a wine drinker and now a drinker of nothing alcoholic.   Sucks, but I had a problem.
    Options
    Grabbed some airpods since I’m on my phone so much these days, echo show 8 since I’ve been eyeing one for my wireless cameras, and a WiFi garage door controller because I have a bad habit of leaving it open 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Thanks, Darian.  30 years of non-stop rock star booze guzzling was fun until it started killing me.  Still adjusting to the new normal.

Giraffes say 5/5 stars!
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    Got half of the kids Chirstmas done, snorkel masks for them, echo show 5s for the kids and i am sure we ordered more.  better start packing a cooler for the amazon delivery team they are gonna need it this week.  

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Looking hard at a javelin pro even though I don’t need one $39

@TideEggHead

I was in your same shoes a few years ago with my Thermapen. I bought a Javelin Pro Duo for my parents as I was always wishing I had an instant read thermometer up at their place when cooking. I ended up really liking their Javelin Pro Duo whenever I used it. I couldn't pass up another Javelin Pro Duo sale. Even though my Thermapen has given me 8 years of perfect use. I now keep the Javelin Pro Duo a few feet away from the eggs and the Thermapen in the kitchen. That way I'm not having to track down where I last placed the Thermapen.

I say go for it. Especially if you can pick it up for $39. Just make sure it's the Pro Duo version of it.  
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Got a firestick and TV wall bracket.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    4 queen headboards and 4 new style bed frames, 4 comforters. Good time to buy. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

I tell you.....the stems lead to spillage and breakage. I gave up owning stemmed glasses for my red wine a long time ago. Saved me money over the years in breakage.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • scdaf
    scdaf Posts: 176
    Options
    A $50 gift card for $40 for our Granddaughter and a Kindle Oasis for me.  First time the Oasis got discounted enough to be tempting AND they are giving me $50 trade in on the Kindle Voyage I bought reconditioned a few years ago.  Battery no longer taking a deep charge.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options

I tell you.....the stems lead to spillage and breakage. I gave up owning stemmed glasses for my red wine a long time ago. Saved me money over the years in breakage.

She's been through the stem less phase. She saw these on show and has been hinting that she needed them, almost to the point of outright telling me to buy them. Happy wife as they say.
    Las Vegas, NV

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    The fire stick I ordered won’t get here until Friday.  Thanks, Bezos 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    thetrim said:
    The fire stick I ordered won’t get here until Friday.  Thanks, Bezos 
    My Echo 8 not shipping till December.
    But it’s not an urgently needed purchase.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    northGAcock said:

Stemware is more appropriate for stand-up parties, so you can hold the glass without inadvertently warming the wine.  At dinner parties, stemless are better as they're less likely to be knocked over while passing the gravy, and you only touch the glass when taking a sip so no warming worries.

Really, you need both.   =)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Photo Egg
    Options
    Botch said:
    northGAcock said:

Stemware is more appropriate for stand-up parties, so you can hold the glass without inadvertently warming the wine.  At dinner parties, stemless are better as they're less likely to be knocked over while passing the gravy, and you only touch the glass when taking a sip so no warming worries.

Really, you need both.   =)
    I'm ok drinking out of the big bottle, less dishes to wash.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas