Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nevermind.

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,044
edited October 2020 in Off Topic
Deleted post. I saw a new Minimax in box listed for a good price until I realized they said it had a cracked dome. Which doesn't make it a steal anymore.
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Deleted post. I saw a new Minimax in box listed for a good price until I realized they said it had a cracked dome. Which doesn't make it a steal anymore.
    In the box and not registered may be a good deal?
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,580
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @Botch good job finding a scapegoat thread ;) 
    canuckland
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,695
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Given the poster and the thread title I thought we were heading in the direction of Kurt Cobain
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • WeberWho
    Options

That's simply not true. No Silverado last more than 10 years!  =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Whomever had Kayleigh McEnany in COVID Bingo, claim your prize!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Sorry I didn't recognize the name at first, because I just see her referred to as PG - Propaganda Barbie.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,187
    edited October 2020
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Sorry I didn't recognize the name at first, because I just see her referred to as PG - Propaganda Barbie.  
    I didn't recognize the name either.  After seeing her picture, I am beginning to think the President may have a type?

Also, that Bigfoot/Raccoon image is amazing.  I just wish the Raccoon had a MAGA hat on.  I would put that on my truck for sure.  (Unless it has some hidden Qanon meaning, then I would not put that on)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    I didn't recognize the name either.  After seeing her picture, I am beginning to think the President may have a type?

Also, that Bigfoot/Raccoon image is amazing.  I just wish the Raccoon had a MAGA hat on.  I would put that on my truck for sure.  (Unless it has some hidden Qanon meaning, then I would not put that on)
    Also too bad you can’t see below the plate, because you know that guy is sporting truck nutz.
  • Canugghead
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Joyride companion
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2020
    Options

@JohnInCarolina good guess, but no nutz!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac - I’m calling fake news.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    MN tag. Too funny. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,515
    Options
    This thread, too, will soon be gone; I need to issue a challenge to us all here.

"FAKE NEWS!!"  
    How do you know?  
    The only way I, or you, or anyone in this country/world, can tell if a news source is accurate, is to witness the news event personally, first.  
    That's usually very hard to do, but there IS one situation in which we all can do that.  The last time I did this, rigorously, was in 2017; I took a day of Leave, stayed home, and watched James Comey's testimony to the US Congress, very carefully (no laptop, newspaper, book, or phone nearby).  After the ~4 hour testimony, I set my DVR to record the following hour of commentary from 3 news sources (my DVR's limit) and I watched fourth source, live, immediately after.  
    My preferred news source reported pretty accurately what I thought I'd watched; my most-hated news source, I felt, distorted things badly.  The middle two actually surprised me, quite a bit.  I've rearranged my trusted news sources after that.  

Tomorrow night is a Golden Opportunity, to do it again: the Vice-Presidential Debate.  Watch it, live, the entire thing, by yourself.  Set your DVR to record the following hour of commentary, on as many news channels you want/have the stomach for, then watch them, with a critical eye.

I realize that our preconceptions will color our "live" experiences, to an extent; but, as I experienced, you may learn a thing or two.  Please, do this.  This next election, and our Nation's direction, depend on it.  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• Botch
    Options
    And, it's discouraging, that my very first response is an anonymous FLAG: How dare you challenge us to think for ourselves!?!?!  

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:
    And, it's discouraging, that my very first response is an anonymous FLAG: How dare you challenge us to think for ourselves!?!?!  
    Don’t sweat it Botch, it just means they care.  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,500
    Options
    @Botch - the VP debate is Wednesday Oct 7th so record accordingly.  I agree with catching it live for my personal filtered assessment, BTW.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I do delight in flagging the random On Topic @Botch post as Off-Topic.  Been doing it for a while now.
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Given the poster and the thread title I thought we were heading in the direction of Kurt Cobain
    You're not too far off. Just within the last few months I found myself watching all kinds of old obscure interviews of Kurt Cobain. He was one interesting guy. Soft spoken, humble, and a world of messed up. 

Minnesota
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,527
    Options
    You gotta love how almost every post in this chain is flagged ... someone trigger happy??  ... now I'm going to get flagged ...  :o
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Canugghead
    edited October 2020
    Options
    You gotta love how almost every post in this chain is flagged ... someone trigger happy??  ... now I'm going to get flagged ...  :o
    blame @Botch for the confederate flag that woke up the flaggot(s)

edit: this thread is sunken
    canuckland
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options

@JohnInCarolina good guess, but no nutz!
    Actually looks like it could be a Minnesota plate. I'll have to keep my eyes open. I suppose I could also look up the actual license plate since it's visible in the reflection despite the impressive sharpie work.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @StillH2OEgger good eye, impressive!
    canuckland
  • Botch
    Options
    When I worked on nuclear weapons, I was on the Personnel Reliability Program (PRP) and something as simple as an allergy medicine prevented me from working on hardware. Given the powerful side effects of the drugs given to the president (TWO different doctors mentioned one makes a patient "manic"), and given his double flip-flop on COVID relief already, I'm thinking there should be a similar requirement at the top, until he is off these drug cocktails.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Botch - the VP debate is Wednesday Oct 7th so record accordingly.  I agree with catching it live for my personal filtered assessment, BTW.  
    "when watching the debate , there's only one thing to consider .Sen Harris will need a plexiglass shield to protect her from the head of the Corona Task Force.

Rob Reiner.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    bump
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Canugghead
    Options
    bump
    Doesn’t help, thread is sunken. I get new post alert because I bookmarked this thread.
    canuckland