Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How long can a pork shoulder sit in brine?

Options
Deluca
Deluca Posts: 148
I’ve had it in the fridge/brine for 24 hours. It was supposed to be 10-12 but I couldn’t do the cook today. Poor planning. I’m going to start cooking around 6am. It’s 9:40pm So do I leave it in the brine? Wrap it in foil with the rub and let it sit in the fridge? What do y’all think? Thanks

Answers

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Many ways to skin a cat. 

When I’ve wet brined pork, I usually take them out of the brine, pat them dry with paper towel and then let them sit in the fridge another couple hours to develop a tackiness prior to then applying rub and cooking. I know that some folks rinse the brine off, but I find it fine to leave it. Guess it depends how salty your brine is. 
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    The last one I did was 48 hours for a similar reason. One of the best pulled pork I’ve ever done leaving it in that long.