Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Where were you 25 years ago today? OT Cal Ripken Jr plays in consecutive game 2131

Options
Hard to believe that it's been 25 years since Cal passed Lou Gehrig for consecutive MLB games played.  What an achievement!
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    The reason for ending the streak:

"The emphasis should be on the team. There have been times during the streak when the emphasis was on the streak. I was never comfortable with that."

So he sat. One of classiest baseball players to ever play the game. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Swmbo was season tkt holder there for both. Good stories.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    A few days ago, I misremembered - wife and I were there for 2130, the night Cal tied Lou Gehrig.  I happened to be in the city the day the box office opened - it was the day after the strike officially ended.  I was a fan back then, was quite pissed about the strike - I recall thinking that Cal and The Streak were the only good things about baseball at the time.  Stood in a long line hoping to get tickets to 2130 and 2131.  2131 was sold out...

Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Not the consecutive games streak, but I was in left field at the atrocity known as the Metrodome when Ripken collected his 3,000th hit. He was on the downside of his career so we certainly weren't expecting him to get three hits in that game.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    Spring training starting!  Yeah, buddy
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin