Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No Rockwood at Ace

Options
My local Ace has been out of Rockwood for almost 2 months, saying they haven't been able to get it.  I'm now down to 1/2 bag so ordered tried ordering it online with Ace.  It's back ordered with no anticipated ship date, and the store says it out of stock in their warehouse, wherever that is.  Anyone else having the same experience?

Lenoir City, TN -  Bama fan in Tenn Vol's backyard. 

LBGE, Weber Spirit 

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    Options
    Ask them if their weekly truck comes from Gainesville.  If it does, they should be able to order in 2-3 weeks.  We don't really have any control or knowledge where they go sometimes, but I do know the next load for them is going to Gainesville GA (which supplies eastern TN.)
  • smittydog27
    Options
    same at my Ace...no Lump.  However, I use B&B.  I did find KJ big block at ABT and Atlanta Grill Company.  AGC also has their house brand on sale.  Free shipping over 80.0.  (ABT was free shipping). 
    So that being said, I ordered three bags of KJ big block that will be here tomorrow.

In times like these, it is when you find other good charcoal.
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    I just ordered 2 bags of pick up from my Ace in Oswego,IL. Might be store specific?

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    My store had one in stock but couldn’t find it.  They said they can’t order it not available, whatever that means.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,180
    Options
    dstearn said:
    I just ordered 2 bags of pick up from my Ace in Oswego,IL. Might be store specific?

More likely region specific.  I have 4 Aces around me that normally have it (prices vary by $4 store to store).  Everyone is out of stock.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • kdink
    kdink Posts: 336
    Options
    Mine in NJ out of stock. Tried B&B.  Not happy
    2 Xl's, MM and Forno Bello
    Pizza Oven in Bergen County, NJ
  • Eggin_in_PA
    Options
    My Ace HAD Rockwood 😁.. Im not one to stockpile, but it's tough times.
    York County, PA
    Large BGE 2014 - CGS adj rig, spider, and stones..
    Mini Max 2018
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options

I’d suggest ordering from @stlcharcoal direct if needing it soon.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2