Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

To Photo Egg and others

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
edited August 2020 in Off Topic
I know Darian ( @PhotoEgg ) lives in Galveston and I'm pretty sure they beat feet for way up the mainland leaving physical property behind as they should! I just wish ALL in harms way have gotten out safely! 
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,165
    @RRP - Thanks for posting this up.  I have never had to make the stay or flee decision for a weather event. In the end game Mother Nature is a b!tch and will take no prisoners.  Her current daughter Laura is not to be messed with. 
    Stay healthy and safe.  What a F'ING year. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    Thinking about all who are in the path of this ****....be safe.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Photo Egg said:
    We got lucky as Laura went a little more East. Best wishes to all of you to the East!
    Glad to hear you are safe.....in the lastest of risk events. Now clean up that lawn  ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Having been in Fla. for the last 30+ years. The very best to you all! Never a fun time. Crazy to think that you just get used to it, but you do...
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    Hope everyone is well. I'll stick with the earthquakes. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Photo Egg said:
    We got lucky as Laura went a little more East. Best wishes to all of you to the East!
    Glad to hear you are safe.....in the lastest of risk events. Now clean up that lawn  ;)
    Thanks buddy.
    we literally got nothing. The rain pattern of this hurricane put the hurt on the East but completely spared us.
    I actually had to water the yard tonight.
    Not even leaves to rake.
    The West end of the Island had some tidal flooding in the normal low areas.
    But we were extremely lucky.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas