Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time making ABT’s

They turned out great!  I surprised myself lol only got the egg in July and kicking myself why I didn’t get it years ago!  Threw in a few wings as well  I love this thing!  Need to practise my wrapping skills lol
Lisa
LBGE July 2020 
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada 

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    edited August 2020
    Welcome to the forum, strong cooks out of the gate!

You’ll be amazed how well Egg cooks in cold weather too, even in Winterpeg 😀 jk
    canuckland
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    What a great-looking plate! Congrats, and welcome aboard.
    Stillwater, MN
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.  
    That is a sweet looking pic of the loaded BGE.  Way to jump right in as the wings and ABT's look great.  
    There are several GWN (Great White North) members who are on the forum. 
    Fire away with any questions.  Someone or many will offer answers and odds are any options will work and usually in short order.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    ABT's are so easy and so delicious  Congrats
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    lots better than my 1st attempt   =)=)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr said:
    Omg!!  How did that happen?  And did you eat them that way? Lol 
    Lisa
    LBGE July 2020 
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada 
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    loco_engr said:
    Omg!!  How did that happen?  And did you eat them that way? Lol 
    might have been my 1st cook, definitely went too long w/o checking  :s
    I think I found a few eatable bites in all that
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • I'm no expert, but for a first cook, you NAILED IT!  Nice job!  Enjoy the journey, have fun while doing so, and never hesitate with any questions as any issue you run up against, someone on here already has and will respond quickly with answers and suggestions. 
    Welcome aboard!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Nicely done :clap:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,667
    have been getting really lazy with these this summer. get a bowl, fill with cream cheese, grated cheddar, green olives, and cooke bacon bits/ chilled, fold everything together, fill jalapeno halves and cook. too quick and easy
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • I love abt’s but lately I’ve been lazy and have been making an abt casserole instead of the real deal. Basically the same ingredients in a pan topped with bacon bits. Diced jalapeños on the bottom of at least a quarter of it. Good stuff and much easier to prep and cook
  • danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 675
    I love abt’s but lately I’ve been lazy and have been making an abt casserole instead of the real deal. Basically the same ingredients in a pan topped with bacon bits. Diced jalapeños on the bottom of at least a quarter of it. Good stuff and much easier to prep and cook
    Can you please post a picture? 
    current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22