Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Preferred Joetisserie Basket

Options
Finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Joetisserie. Wanted to reach out and see what the preferred basket attachment was. I saw the Napoleon and only fire Teflon got good reviews. Thanks for any feedback!

Comments

• cssmd27
    cssmd27 Posts: 345
    Options
    Bumping this as someone also considering a basket.  Not sure which one to get.
    Dallas (University Park), Texas
  • HarrisFrampton
    Options

I have this one. Got it on Amazon.
    Wimberley,TX
    X-Large,Large, Medium and Small
    17" and 28" Blackstones
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 903
    Options
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • lufrago
    lufrago Posts: 7
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi, I am also considering a Big Joetisserie for my XL Egg, can anyone who owns one tell me if the motor protrudes downward a lot on the outside of the egg? I've read some reports on it interfering with side tables. I do not have side tables, but my egg is set flush on a granite countertop. Pic attached.

I assume it won't fit, but would be very grateful if some can confirm that I  won't be able to install it, or perhaps hopefully that I will be able to...

EDIT: I've now seen some pics and am more hopeful that it will fit, but still would love someone who owns it to confirm before I purchase it.

Sorry on the slightly off topic Q.
  • cssmd27
    Options
    lufrago said:
    Hi, I am also considering a Big Joetisserie for my XL Egg, can anyone who owns one tell me if the motor protrudes downward a lot on the outside of the egg? I've read some reports on it interfering with side tables. I do not have side tables, but my egg is set flush on a granite countertop. Pic attached.

I assume it won't fit, but would be very grateful if some can confirm that I  won't be able to install it, or perhaps hopefully that I will be able to...

EDIT: I've now seen some pics and am more hopeful that it will fit, but still would love someone who owns it to confirm before I purchase it.

Yes, it hangs down and that's probably going to impede your ability to use it with your set up.

I have the nest fold out tables and have to drop one down when I use the Joetisserie.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,535
    Options
    cssmd27 said:
    lufrago said:

Yes, it hangs down and that's probably going to impede your ability to use it with your set up.

I have the nest fold out tables and have to drop one down when I use the Joetisserie.
    The fold out egg mate shelves are slightly higher than gasket whereas @lufrago 's granite top appears to be at least two band widths below gasket. So there's still hope 😉

canuckland
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,685
    Options
    KJ is supposed to come out with baskets if they haven't already
  • cssmd27
    Options
    cssmd27 said:
    lufrago said:

The fold out egg mate shelves are slightly higher than gasket whereas @lufrago 's granite top appears to be at least two band widths below gasket. So there's still hope 😉

Thanks!  I think I was wrong.  with the Joe on there, I think it ends up about flush with the top, so it should work.  Sorry about the misinformation before.
  • lufrago
    Options
    Thanks. It does look like it might fit from the pictures on that thread... I think I will go ahead and order and keep my fingers crossed.
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    lufrago said:

You are going to be really close but I think you will be alright. I took a picture of mine:

Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    lufrago said:

You are going to be really close but I think you will be alright. I took a picture of mine:

Looking at yours I'm betting he's going to need to lift his Egg at least a few millimeters for it to fit. 
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Toxarch
    Options
    This is the basket I use. Even though it is non-stick, use a cooking spray on it. It's a bear to clean otherwise. I think I had 7.5 lbs of wings in it last time. 
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BWBS3DQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• cssmd27
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    This is the basket I use. Even though it is non-stick, use a cooking spray on it. It's a bear to clean otherwise. I think I had 7.5 lbs of wings in it last time. 
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BWBS3DQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I ended up buying that one today.

Have you tried throwing it in the dishwasher?  That's my initial plan.
  • lufrago
    Options
    Thanks @Toxarch that pic is really helpful. It does look close indeed, but I think I should be able to find a way to make it work. Any idea if you can invert the orientation of the motor so that the cord is on top?
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    Options
    lufrago said:

How do you open your dome without the hinge hitting the counter????
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • lufrago
    Options
    There's a hole carved out on the granite for the lid. Since it's behind the egg, you don't even see it while cooking.
  • Toxarch
    Options
    cssmd27 said:
    Toxarch said:
    I ended up buying that one today.

Have you tried throwing it in the dishwasher?  That's my initial plan.
    Yes, I have scrubbed it and then tossed it in the dishwasher. The dishwasher never seems to get everything I couldn't get. It's the mesh screen.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

• Toxarch
    Options
    lufrago said:
    Thanks @Toxarch that pic is really helpful. It does look close indeed, but I think I should be able to find a way to make it work. Any idea if you can invert the orientation of the motor so that the cord is on top?
    You might be able to add a 2nd plate behind the original and drill some holes to make it work. Even if it rests on the table as is, there should be enough room to use it. 

Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

• RacingRed24
    Options
    I have the Napoleon basket. Fit in 62 wings this weekend and they turned out great! 
    Lisa
    LBGE July 2020 
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada 
  • RacingRed24
    Options

Lisa
    LBGE July 2020 
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada