Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Low Fat, Low Carb, Chicken Fajitas

Options
500 Posts: 3,177

BL SL Chicken breast, pounded out, sliced and dry seasoned with fresh garlic, fresh lime juice, kosher salt, cracked black pepper, cumin, ancho chili powder, and onion powder for 6 hours. 

Sliced sweet onions, red, orange, and yellow peppers, then seasoned near the end with salt, pepper, garlic powder, ancho chili powder, chili powder, cumin, and coriander. 

All the usual toppings plus head lettuce, diced cherry tomatoes, pickled coleslaw mix, and shredded Monterey Jack cheese. 

Seared off on the Egg in a carbon steel skillet and given a douse of lime juice and soy sauce at the end for the “sizzle” effect. 

On grilled and warmed carb balance tortillas. 

Add a few Yuengling Golden Pilsners.  

A low point WW meal, for the most part. 

I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Awesome cook, your cook reminds me that I do not eat enough of this.  Will try this one for sure.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
    Options
    EggNorth said:
    Awesome cook, your cook reminds me that I do not eat enough of this.  Will try this one for sure.
    First time cook for me
    Member since 2009
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    Looks great! I eat the low carb tortillas all the time.  As long as you get the white ones, I can't tell the difference.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    What the heck does "low point WW" mean?  That meal looks very "high" point, and what is WW?  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

Options
    I’m on Weight Watchers (WW). They assign point values to foods. You eat whatever you want but consciously make good choices over bad. That and exercise, and you loose weight 
    Member since 2009
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    nice cook!
    I didn't know about the low carb tortillas, Thanks
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
    Options
    Note to Future Self; sear off the chicken in two batches instead of one to get more char on each piece. (I used this forum as a historical reference library for cooks that were successful. I make notes here, so that when I refer to this cook in the future, I can improve on it.)
    Member since 2009
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    So, how many points for Blue?

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

Options
    Kayak said:
    I’m on Purple plan so I can t say for sure but I counted 6 for two wraps with some cheese and sour cream but 9 for the three beers. 
    Member since 2009
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    500 said:
    Kayak said:
    I’m on Purple plan so I can t say for sure but I counted 6 for two wraps with some cheese and sour cream but 9 for the three beers
    Purple here I come!

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories