Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - NHL Hockey is Back baby! - OT

keener75
keener75 Posts: 392
I have watched all three Exhibition games today and I can't get enough! I soooo needed this!
I really hope the NHL's Return to Play plan is for real! 
Who do you think is the favorite to bring home the Cup? Such an interesting playoff structure. 
Get this...if your team is knocked out in the first round of the play in then they win a 1 in 8 chance of drafting Lafreniere!
I feel sorry for the teams that have to wait 9 months to get action while the rest of the league battles it out!
Crazy times.
St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Glad you did this. I was going to do it today. Time for that "Bunch of Jerks" to get nasty. LET'SGOCANES!
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • bradleya123
    bradleya123 Posts: 464

Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    tuuuuukkkkkaaaaahh

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

• Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Living in Mass, I’ve always wondered what it’s like being a hockey fan in one of the warmer cities. The idea of sitting on the patio in beautiful weather, with egg smoking and Bruins playoff hockey on the TV is going to be something I could absolutely get used to! 

I also like that if this thing goes off without a snag, that the start of next season is going to be delayed. The traditional October start is tough to get into. Firing up a shorter season in November could turn out to be a good way to get more people watching earlier in the season. Great way to grow the greatest game on earth! 
  • fishlessman
    CornfedMA said:
    Living in Mass, I’ve always wondered what it’s like being a hockey fan in one of the warmer cities. The idea of sitting on the patio in beautiful weather, with egg smoking and Bruins playoff hockey on the TV is going to be something I could absolutely get used to! 

I also like that if this thing goes off without a snag, that the start of next season is going to be delayed. The traditional October start is tough to get into. Firing up a shorter season in November could turn out to be a good way to get more people watching earlier in the season. Great way to grow the greatest game on earth! 

they made the regular season games unexciting, slow.  this should be like starting with playoff hockey
    fukahwee maine

• frazzdaddy
    Looks like we have a great mix of fans in this thread. This should be fun.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • NJ_BBQ
    NJ_BBQ Posts: 137
    I'm in a mixed marriage - I'm an Islanders fan, the wife is Rangers.  To keep things happy in the house we have raised our boys as Devils fans. They have at least seen Cup championships where we have not in a very long time. 
    Basking  Ridge, NJ - XL with KAB
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    CornfedMA said:

I read somewhere that the NBA/NHL are shooting for a December start time to the 2021 season (vs October). Personally I love that idea. Football is king in the fall, so starting up the other sports to watch as football is winding down and pushing their playoffs during the dog days of football offseason would be great IMO. 
  • keener75
    It's a bit strange but I have two teams. I was an army brat growing up so we moved around a lot. We lived in Winnipeg from '83 to '86 and I became a huge Jets fan. When we moved to southern Ontario and the Jets left the Peg for Arizona I became a Leafs fan. Now that the Jets are back and the Leafs are loaded with talent I find it easy to cheer for both since they don't play each other that often. My ultimate Dream/Nightmare is a Jets vs Leafs Stanley Cup Final! 
    I am beyond excited for five playoff games a day for the next few weeks!
    Playoff hockey is the best!
  • keener75
    I read somewhere that the NBA/NHL are shooting for a December start time to the 2021 season (vs October). Personally I love that idea. Football is king in the fall, so starting up the other sports to watch as football is winding down and pushing their playoffs during the dog days of football offseason would be great IMO. 
    I also read December 1st as the start date for the 2021 NHL season (don't follow NBA too much). Sounds like a solid plan! I don't know what the NFL is going to do but if they are smart, they should think about a "bubble" concept. I don't see how the MLB is going to keep the season going flying all around a country that is dealing with a pandemic. I think the NHL and NBA are proving the bubble is the way to go.
  • CornfedMA
    @keener75 The Peg is an underrated city. I spent a little time there when I was going to/from The Pas during my junior days. That place however, leaves a bit to be desired. 

@CigarCityEgger A shorter regular season and Dec.1 start is even better! 
  • frazzdaddy
    Alexander Ovechkin is the best player in hockey and may turn out to be the goat. That said, we didn't look too bad yesterday. I am more excited for these  playoff games than in recent years past.  
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • CornfedMA
    Alexander Ovechkin is the best player in hockey and may turn out to be the goat. That said, we didn't look too bad yesterday. I am more excited for these  playoff games than in recent years past.  
    Ovi is easy to like, and may outscore 99, but Mr. McDavid is hands down the best player in the game right now. 
  • fishlessman
    CornfedMA said:

football winds down in february if your a pats fan ;)
    fukahwee maine

• CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    CornfedMA said:

Not anymore 😉
  • fishlessman
    CornfedMA said:

Not anymore 😉

it will be interesting to see what belichick can do with superman =) maybe just 10 more years of february ;)
    fukahwee maine

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    keener75 said:
    I also read December 1st as the start date for the 2021 NHL season (don't follow NBA too much). Sounds like a solid plan! I don't know what the NFL is going to do but if they are smart, they should think about a "bubble" concept. I don't see how the MLB is going to keep the season going flying all around a country that is dealing with a pandemic. I think the NHL and NBA are proving the bubble is the way to go.
    I agree with this; but it may be a unique opportunity for finishing the NBA/NHL seasons and playoffs.  It is much easier to maintain the bubble for 2-2.5 months than 6-8 months for an entire season.  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• CornfedMA
    Acn said:
    keener75 said:
    I agree with this; but it may be a unique opportunity for finishing the NBA/NHL seasons and playoffs.  It is much easier to maintain the bubble for 2-2.5 months than 6-8 months for an entire season.  
    And with only about 1/8-1/4 of the people required to be in the bubble. An entire NBA roster is like 15 players plus coaches and support staff. NHL is 25-30 players plus staff. An NFL roster is like 60 players and you can add an easy 30-40 support staff. The NFL bubble would need to include 3,000+ people for almost 6 months. 
  • frazzdaddy
    CornfedMA said:
    Ovi is easy to like, and may outscore 99, but Mr. McDavid is hands down the best player in the game right now. 
    I agree, on paper hard to argue against your point but looking at what Ovechkin brings to that team in terms of motivation I would pick him all day long. In spite of Mr Conner's contributions the Oilers have little to show for it. 
    Just my take. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • keener75
    There is no question these guys came to play in the first period of the first game back! There have been a few BIG hits and a fight already! I don't even notice that there are no fans in the stands. 
  • frazzdaddy
    My jerks played a good game overall. They wanted it more today.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    Boys look good today. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Battleborn
    The real postseason starts today at 3:30 PST. The Panda is in net.
    Las Vegas, NV

• frazzdaddy
    Going to to watch that should be good. I hope you guys crush Dallas.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Battleborn
    Going to to watch that should be good. I hope you guys crush Dallas.
    Not going to lie, I am pretty pumped for this. Hopefully we can get 67 back soon and get back to full strength.
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Nice rally and a nifty goal from Carrier. I'll take it.
    Las Vegas, NV