Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Sunday

During the shutdown, someone here mentioned Ken Forkish’s book “The Elements of Pizza.” I picked up a copy of the book and a 50 lb sack of Caputo “00” that I split with a few buddies. Both have sat around for the last 6-8 weeks until my wife requested pizza for dinner at 11am this am. I jumped into the book and made one of his “Saturday Morning” dough recipes. I was really impressed with the dough after having only made it about 6 hours earlier. I’ll definitely be jumping into some of his 24 & 48 hr recipes soon. 

The wife’s ‘Za was topped with Some leftover hot venison sausage, pepperoni, onions,mushrooms, mozzarella and pecorino romano. I went simple with buffalo mozz, pecorino Romano & good olive oil, finished it post cook with a sprinkle of fresh basil and coarse sea salt. Cooked on a stone for 4-5 mins at about 750. 

Comments