Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Woo Ring

Options
I am looking for a Woo Ring for the "mini"

If any on can help - please contact me

Thanks, MrToad
See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                    Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    Great Response
                        Smoke no Evil

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    just call TOM
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I went a different route.  I bought an additional fire ring for about the same price.  I still had my platesetter for indirect, but I don't do indirect on the mini much.  I have to be honest, the woo for the mini does not impress me, it raises the grid like an inch or less.  I am not putting CGS down, I have literally every thing else he sells for every size egg.  Working at home today and lunch cooked today on the mini using this raised method:

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    Thank you cooking555 - i will can the BGE store tomorrow

FTI  Tom no longer sells the Mini Woo
                        Smoke no Evil

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Tom at CGS had a feature in the mini woo I liked, it had some posts that would keep the cooking grid stable.  Since this grid is raised above the felt line because of the fire ring, it can shift the grid off the ring when you clean.  I have considered adding some bolts that would work the same here as they do on the mini woo.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I think making the Woo for the Mini has been a problem for CGS.
    There were several changes made by BGE that impacted and forced changes to the Woo. Price point was probably also an issue. Labor cost to fabricate and weld were probably the same or higher than making a Woo for the Large. As a buyer, it’s harder to justify cost of ring per cost of grill.
    I don’t use my Mini very often but buying the Woo was definitely worth the money spent.
    And I do have 2 versions.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Lumpy_Coal
    Options
    I went a different route.  I bought an additional fire ring for about the same price.  I still had my platesetter for indirect, but I don't do indirect on the mini much.  I have to be honest, the woo for the mini does not impress me, it raises the grid like an inch or less.  I am not putting CGS down, I have literally every thing else he sells for every size egg.  Working at home today and lunch cooked today on the mini using this raised method:

Seeing this post is what convinced me to order new guys for my
    mini.  Bothe my firebox and my old style ring were cracked and I didn’t have a platesetter.  Now that I have the new stuff I plan on experimenting with ways to repair the old fire box and ring with refractory cement. I may also notch out the old ring to allow me to put ring, platesetter, ring, grate to give more room between platesetter and grate.  Experimenting is certainly part of the fun for me.