Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate setter size

Options
shattoup
shattoup Posts: 2
edited June 2020 in EggHead Forum

Hi, I've had a large BGE for 15 years and always suspected the plate setter size was a little too small. The legs of it are not flush with the sides and I've always resorted to putting more thermal mass to shield my food from the fire a little more. Do I have the right size? 

Best Answer

Answers

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    edited June 2020
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken, the new platesetter/conveggtor covers a lot more area to give you a greater indirect zone.
    I'd buy a Woo and stone from CGS before getting a new platesetter
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• shattoup
    shattoup Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you! I'm new here so don't know what you mean by Woo/CGS
  • bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    Options
    CGS = Ceramic Grill Store and the Woo is the PSWoo which elevates your cooking grid to the felt line and serves many other purposes. Get on the google machine and do a search.The PSWoo combo was the 1st purchase I made and I don’t regret it one bit. In fact it’d be one of the 1st purchases I’d recommend to others besides a great digital thermometer. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    edited June 2020
    Options
    bbracey21 said:
    CGS = Ceramic Grill Store and the Woo is the PSWoo which elevates your cooking grid to the felt line and serves many other purposes. Get on the google machine and do a search.The PSWoo combo was the 1st purchase I made and I don’t regret it one bit. In fact it’d be one of the 1st purchases I’d recommend to others besides a great digital thermometer. 

If they were looking to replace that small platesetter, they wouldn't want the PSWoo. That's intended to use with the platesetter/conveggtor. The regular Woo with ceramic stone is what you'd want...
    Just for refernece, in case @shattoup visited the site
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    Options
    Ahhh... didn’t think of that @ColtsFan, great point.