Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Firecracker...anyone try these?

Options
Photo Egg
Photo Egg Posts: 12,110

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    I've tried them a couple different times. I was really hoping for a good hot spice with them by the name. Unfortunately it didn't live up to the name. I didn't find them spicy or hot. 

The brats are good just missing the spice. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Photo Egg
    Options

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I've tried them a couple different times. I was really hoping for a good hot spice with them by the name. Unfortunately it didn't live up to the name. I didn't find them spicy or hot. 

I agree on not being very spicy.
    But I really like the flavor and smooth heat. Will buy again because I’m to lazy to make my own.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Johnsonville are one of the brands that I can get here, but I haven't seen these; will keep my eyes peeled for them.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,345
    Options
    Botch said:
    Johnsonville are one of the brands that I can get here, but I haven't seen these; will keep my eyes peeled for them.  

They were shown in my local Lidl weekly advert this week so if you have a Lidl in your area they may have them.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Lowcountrygamecock
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    WeberWho said:

I agree on not being very spicy.
    But I really like the flavor and smooth heat. Will buy again because I’m to lazy to make my own.
    Me too. I love them but can’t ever find them down here. 
  • 6baluts
    6baluts Posts: 272
    Options
    Agree not very hot. Lately my commercial sausage of choice is Conecuh doen't matter if its regular, black pepper or cajun.
  • RiverBBQ
    RiverBBQ Posts: 191
    Options
    Definitely a lack of spice. Still enjoyable. Loving the creamy hatch sauce. Found it on clearance for $2 and bought all they had (3)
    You can’t get to Loganville, Ga from anywhere. You have to start somewhere else
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Johnsonville is a fine commercial sausage no matter!
    Absolutely the best among the mass produced, readily available brands, for sure. Can't speak to the firecracker, but tried the jalapeno and cheese and they were OK. We're sticking with the original and beer brats and save the more experimental varieties for the local butcher shops.
    Stillwater, MN
  • EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 380
    Options
    Agree with lack of heat.  Didn't taste much different than the regular Johnsonville brat, which isn't a bad thing.  I topped with jalapeno mustard.