Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

COVID Graduation Celebration

My oldest was supposed to be walking across the stage and receiving her diploma today. However, the 'Rona made sure that that didn't happen. All she wanted was some ribs and wings (this kid can put both away with the best of them). Had to make sure that it happened. First the ribs.

Made some homemade BBQ sauce to go with.

5 hours later the ribs are done.

Chicken wings next. 
Now a little cocktail to reflect on the last 12 years. Sure am proud of that little girl.

Plated picks to follow. If I remember. Because liquor.
Las Vegas, NV

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    I remembered. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Congrats to you on the food and to your daughter taking a momentous step forward in her life. Days might be slow but years fly by- my oldest is 16 now. 

Greensboro, NC
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Nice cook! And congratulations to your daughter. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Congratulations! I was a seniors sponsor this year and it was heart wrenching not being able to give the kids the celebration they deserved. We did the very best we could for them. 
    You have every right to be proud of her and for reaching this milestone in her life. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,173
    Way to make the best of a situation no one could have seen coming.  Congrats to your daughter for looking on the positive side.  She's got this! Very lucky that you made her day the best she could have.
    What memories and stories this class will be able to tell down the road.  Hopefully a hallmark of resiliency that will serve them all well in the future.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,870
    An important milestone for sure.  Congratulations to your daughter!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Congrats.  My kid's graduation was in a football stadium and excruciatingly long (around 10 years ago).  Look on the bright side, you can enjoy a cocktail and watch the whole thing from a lazy-boy...
    Congrats, and excellent grub for sure. Cocktail well earned. My oldest is graduating this year and thankfully they will get to have a ceremony in late June. My take is that these kids are smart, strong, and resilient. 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    TTC said:
    Congrats, and excellent grub for sure. Cocktail well earned. My oldest is graduating this year and thankfully they will get to have a ceremony in late June. My take is that these kids are smart, strong, and resilient. 
    That they are. The district keeps saying that they still plan on a graduation, but aren't saying how or when. Rumor is that it may be August. Don't see how that would work. Either way, they will all get on.
    Las Vegas, NV

• builderdawg
    builderdawg Posts: 105
    Congrats to your daughter. I’m sure it is a tough time to graduate but it will give her great stories a few years from now. 
  • lentsboy007
    lentsboy007 Posts: 416
    Looks excellent 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,039
    Great looking cook.  Mine graduated virtually this year as well.  Starts her job next week as a Cardio Pulmonary Respiratory Therapist.  So proud of her.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.