Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tv under enclosed porch

Options
Has anyone on here ever put an indoor tv outside in an enclosed porch?  I know this is advised against but curious if you have done it, what kind of shelf life does the tv have?  I’d bring it indoors in the winter

Comments

• jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    Options
    two of these can be deleted
    Columbus, Ohio
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I have one and haven't had any issues.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    We have had the same Visio in our garage for like 6 years with no issues 
  • RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    I’ve had I’ve had one on my back porch for years. No problems. 
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • joseph
    joseph Posts: 4
    Options
    we have a sunbritetv.com here in west michigan, works great outside under our covered deck - made for exterior environment.   gotta believe "indoor" tv's might eventually be affected by moisture/temps but who knows.  please keep thread going with updates regarding future performance.  ps. my audio guy installed a speakercraft boom tomb subwoofer with rock speakers out in the yard - very nice
  • RockyTopDW
    RockyTopDW Posts: 338
    Options
    I have posted pics of my outdoor living area in the past with a tv. I built it in 2013 and have put 2 TVs out there since then. The latest is a 50” 4K smart tv I got at target for somewhere around $400. I hooked up a Sony sound bar to it from amazon and it sounds great.   I’m fine with buying a $300- $400 tv every 3 to 4 years.  The first tv died because I forgot to cover it  & we had “forest gump” sideways rain that got under my covered patio.  I wouldn’t pay the money for an outdoor tv. 
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    I have 3 outside since I built the house in 2010, Virginia weather, never cover and no problems yet. Knock on wood!

LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    nice looking pup!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    I have had one outside for years (cheap roku tv) never a problem and it gets cold here in the winter!
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Sunbrite tv is really the way to go and do this right in my opinion but yes they are more expensive. They have better glare reduction, they get brighter to stand up to outdoor environments and still maintain picture quality, temp management systems within the tv enclosure, and waterproof remotes.

They essentially make 3 different models at 3 different price sets from a full shade model, partial shade, and full sun environment models.

Brandon - Ohio