Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LnS Chicken for the Grandkids and Supper for Me

Options
Got this text from my granddaughter 

So of course Pop can’t say no. 
Rubbed up with a 50/50 mix of BBBR and DP Dizzy Dust 

Of course it has to be low n slow and mopped 

Vac Packed and ready for travel.  

We were way hangry when we got home and the egg was still hot so a quick Chicken n Veggie stir fry.   

Busy but good day.   

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Don’t think I’ve seen this one on Uber Eats- well done!
    Greensboro, NC
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 291
    Options
    Got this text from my granddaughter 

So of course Pop can’t say no. 
    Rubbed up with a 50/50 mix of BBBR and DP Dizzy Dust 

Of course it has to be low n slow and mopped 

Vac Packed and ready for travel.  

We were way hangry when we got home and the egg was still hot so a quick Chicken n Veggie stir fry.   

Busy but good day.   
    Love to cook things that people like off of the egg,  but when the kids or grand kids call, it means right now
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Great cook from the master of L&S chix.  How long at what temp for the quarters? but I see where you went indirect...
    BTW-I have a weekly standing order for pulled chix and always roll very raised direct at around 200*F thanks to your suggestions.  Always a winner.  The preferred cut is the whole bird so I half-**** it and then dial it in.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    great idea on the combo rub mix, will have to try
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @lousubcap - I went indirect because of the volume and I like to have the bird farther away from the fire when going direct.  I ran 225 most of the 6hrs of the cook and mopped every hr or so.  I prefer a 1/2 cocked bird too if I’m just cooking for Mrs3969 and myself but with the grandkids they grab a quarter and go to town. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    There is a lot of awesome in this post. The food looks good too. You are blessed.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    There is indeed a lot of awesome in that post.  I've never wanted to live in Kentucky before, but if I could text you with food requests and have you deliver stuff of this quality it might change my mind.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX