Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's Cinco De Mayo, You're stuck at home, so What are you GRILLING?

Options
KiterTodd
KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
edited May 2020 in EggHead Forum
Just curious to see everyone's cooks.  I'll post mine after I make it!
Shortly I'll be shaking up a margarita (first things first) and then grilling some skirt steak and chicken for fajitas.  More on that later...
So whattya got?
As most people have probably seen the meme already, there's one going around like this;
   "What if Cinco De Mayo, Falls on Taco Tuesday, and it's ruined by a virus named after a Mexican beer?" :o
Well... THAT DOESN'T APPLY TO US!  We were going to all grill at home anyway. =)
LBGE/Maryland

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Skirt steak tacos for us tonight cheers! 
    Jacksonville FL
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    Asian Sticky Pork Belly Brunt Ends, got the wrong food going for Cinco, but the drinks are traditional.....

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I screwed up.
    Stir-fried pork, peppers and mushrooms, in the wok.   :s 

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    Going with venison shoulder barbacoa. Rolled venison shoulder roast, seasoned with DP Game On and kosher salt. Smoked over apple for 1.5 hrs then into a braise. Braise is chipotle chilis in adobo, lime juice cider vinegar, and red onion. Spiced with smoked paprika, cumin, and cloves. 

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Skipped the grill but we made nachos!

LBGE
    AL
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    Carne asada! 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    Options
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Pulled chicken tacos from the Instant Pot.  No grilling this year. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    CornfedMA said:
    Going with venison shoulder barbacoa. Rolled venison shoulder roast, seasoned with DP Game On and kosher salt. Smoked over apple for 1.5 hrs then into a braise. Braise is chipotle chilis in adobo, lime juice cider vinegar, and red onion. Spiced with smoked paprika, cumin, and cloves. 

Dude.  I wish I lived near you.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Botch said:
    I screwed up.
    Stir-fried pork, peppers and mushrooms, in the wok.   :s 
    It's not too late to have a few shots of Tequila.
  • cpman2
    cpman2 Posts: 7
    edited May 2020
    Options
    We did some skirt-steak and veggies on the Blackstone, and NY strips on the Large BGE, washed down with a Pacifico. Cheers!

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Flank steak tacos 

Nice! Is that a small egg or do you have a little grate the fits right down near the coals? (that's not a bad idea, actually)

LBGE/Maryland
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    While I grilled the Fajita Chicken and peppers, SWMBO made Queso

Finished Tacos- 

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    Flank steak tacos 

Nice! Is that a small egg or do you have a little grate the fits right down near the coals? (that's not a bad idea, actually)

It’s a Large but put the grill grate down by the plate setter. Camera angle and full lump make it look closer than it actually is 
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    The Finish! Venison shoulder barbacoa. While I had the egg going, I thought I’d seize the money and threw on my first attempt at maple buckboard bacon. The barbacoa was nothing short of outstanding. It was a Hank Shaw recipe and it is the type of stuff that wins “People’s Choice” awards at game dinners. The bacon was good, a little less salty than I like it but more than serviceable...

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options

Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"