Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA- Heads Up- May 7th is Little Steven's Birthday-Time for advance planning-

Options
With all the stay safe at home and shelter in place directives you should have lots of time to get something together to cook on the 7th.  Feel free to post suggestions, comments, cooks and anything else.  Canadian beer is endorsed (but not light/lite).  
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder.

I was actually thinking about him the other day, and read through the memorial thread for him that was posted here. 

Will put my thinking cap on and come up with something. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Didn’t know the guy, but have seen his posts and some high praise from his fellow Eggers. Good thread, Frank!

Does anyone have that luggage (suitcase?) chicken recipe handy?
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I miss the little feller!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Bump for the little Canuck.

Flint, Michigan
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Closing in on this coming Thursday.  Plan and then make it happen.
    This cross-border shut down has really limited my access to GWN beer.  After social distancing and sucking a friggin mask (just kidding as I sucked much more rubber with the fire department-amazing what you can do when your life is on the line!) I cannot find any canned beer for the invertabird.  Molson Canadian is all that is out there-three different liquor stores and 4 different grocery (yes you can sell beer in a grocery store in KY-we are moving up the progressive chain) stores and all I can find are the glass bottles.  But we will make it happen.
    Be well-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Anyone heard from Norma? Hope she is doing well.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I'll be happy to do a tribute cook that day!  Thanks for the heads up @lousubcap
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Okay-Thursday May 7th, right around the corner.  Time to get the planning finished and the game plan in place.  Show-time is close aboard.  Bring it! 
    Be well.  
  • caliking
    Options
    Happy Birthday, LS.

I'll be cookin' this weekend. Something I think he'd approve of :)

• Bear 007
    Bear 007 Posts: 382
    Options
    His upside down chicken, he did like his girls loose though,no tied up legs

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    Happy Bucking Firthday @Little Steven
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Had grand plans to turn the egg into a tandoori oven for the tribute cook. But life happened and got side tracked.

So doing burgers and some “short” grilled asparagus. 

Greensboro, NC
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Nicely done, Frank. I’m sure you done him proud. 

I think this is the first and only cook I’ve ever seen on this forum made possible by Office Depot. When you’re hungry but only halfway through filing your taxes. 🙂
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    Nice yard and nice cook, you did LS justice my friend. My folks call that flat top pot, real space saver since they can be nested.
    canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @caliking

That curry looks great. Nice tribute all around. 
  • Canugghead
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Belated Happy Birthday to our friend Little Steven.

Ran out of whole chicken, cooked a little chicken (cornish hen) instead  :) Meant to cook legs up LS style but not enough head leg room in the Ranger pellet pooper, legs are still in the air though  B) 

Tried Chepsteps' trussing technique and love it ... no soggy skin behind the knees and entire breast protected by crispy skin. Thanks to @Focker for first posting about it, and @cssmd27 for testing it and the PSA on making sure the string is long enough (hand to hand with arms outstretched).

canuckland
  • caliking
    Options
    Great color on that bird, @Canugghead ! And I learned a knew way to truss a chicken. I can't tie roasts, etc. for shite, and really need to work on that too.

And as for that pot being a space saver, it filled the suitcase when I lugged it back from Kolkata!

• caliking
    Options
    @caliking

That curry looks great. Nice tribute all around. 
    Thanks. Little Steven was the kind of guy that you felt as if you had known him for way longer than you did. And wish you had known for way longer than you did. 

• Canugghead
    Options
    caliking said:
    ...And as for that pot being a space saver, it filled the suitcase when I lugged it back from Kolkata!
    Thanks, but I'm sure it wasn't empty though.
    canuckland