Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

And good mail order LUMP specials?

Options
KiterTodd
KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
edited March 2020 in EggHead Forum
As we stock up our freezers with meat, I just realized how awful it would be to run out of lump!
Unlike some of you guys, I don't have pallets of the stuff.  Noticed any deals to get a couple bags shipped?
LBGE/Maryland

Comments

• Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    Get on Ace Hardware email list. They send out 15% off sales and I buy my Rockwood thru them.
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • ARoehr11
    ARoehr11 Posts: 41
    Options
    Amazon has the best lump charcoal that I have found, Jealous Devil.  When I first got my BGE a few years ago I tried many different brands before finding this one.  They have a 2 pack of 35lb bags for just over $90 so its competitively priced as well.  it got great ratings on this website I found that rates different bbq stuff: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramic.htm 
    -1 XL BGE
    -1 Kamado Joe "Joe Jr"
    -1 Traeger Scout 
    -cast iron grate and pans
    -pizza stone
    -XL Adjustable Rig 2 Grid Combo from Ceramic Grill Store
    -A-MAZE-N smoker pellet tray
    -Teken Wireless 4 Probe Thermometer
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,037
    Options
    I burned my last bag of Rockwood 2 days ago.  Braved a trip to Ace and bought the last two bags they had.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    I burned my last bag of Rockwood 2 days ago.  Braved a trip to Ace and bought the last two bags they had.
    You should work on inventory control/supply chain management practices... B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,037
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Agree!  This Just In Time stuff leaves me to succeptible to supply chain disruptions and apocalypses.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • tamck1
    tamck1 Posts: 36
    Options
    For those of you who like Fogo Premium, they're offering $5.00 off per bag plus free Fedex shipping on orders over $35. 
    L and MM BGEs with JJGeorge tables, Mini BGE with carrier, other charcoal and pellet smokers/grills too numerous to count.
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    lousubcap said

Evergreen advice for the foreseeable future. I feel like I'm earning a MBA in supply chain management over the past week or two.
    Mountain View, CA
  • KiterTodd
    Options
    tamck1 said:
    For those of you who like Fogo Premium, they're offering $5.00 off per bag plus free Fedex shipping on orders over $35. 
    Thanks!!  Wow that could not have been easier....   clicked your link from my phone, they take ApplePay, I confirmed the purchase and didn’t have to type a single thing. And free shipping!!
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614
    Options
    Walmart will ship 15 lb bags of Royal Oak for free if you spend more than $35.  Had 60 lbs delivered yesterday.
  • rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Options
    This was a failure in my planning....down to 3 8.8s, I'm scared. 
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    tamck1 said:

Fogo is really good stuff.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • kennethk
    kennethk Posts: 31
    Options
    Ordered two bags from Fogo 2 days ago, will be here today. 10% off 1st order
  • kdink
    kdink Posts: 336
    Options
    Thanks @tamck1,Just ordered 5 plus 10% discount, 5 bags for 90 bucks sounds like a deal to me.

2 Xl's, MM and Forno Bello
    Pizza Oven in Bergen County, NJ
  • KiterTodd
    Options
    kennethk said:
    Ordered two bags from Fogo 2 days ago, will be here today. 10% off 1st order

You can get an additional 10% off, on top of the sale price posted?
    Damn... maybe I should have logged in and created an account.  Clicking that "Apple Pay" button was just so easy though. =)
    LBGE/Maryland
  • kdink
    kdink Posts: 336
    Options
    @kennethk, email them say you got code after order, they will apply it.
    2 Xl's, MM and Forno Bello
    Pizza Oven in Bergen County, NJ
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I scooped up five bags.  Wilma not amused.  I have a lump hoarding problem.
    Flint, Michigan
  • KiterTodd
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Well, I've been firing up the egg 5 or 6 times a week.  It's fantastic!  Nice to have time to cook on it so often.  BUT, I am running through charcoal and need to buy more already....

QUESTION:
    How do the 3 different FOGO Lumps compare?
    1. The Premium and Super Premium seem to be the same, just different size pieces.  They say Oak hardwood flavor, but don't mention the wood type.
    2. Then they have the Quebraco Lump which they say is "South American Hardwoods known as Axe Breaker and Ironwood."
    3. And finally they have Brazilian Eucalyptus
    I'm liking the Premium that I have. It burns great, it is milder than I remembered fogo, though. But I haven't bought it in a few years and obviously batch to batch there could be differences.

LBGE/Maryland