Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Easter rack of lamb

Options
blind99
blind99 Posts: 4,971
We ordered a rack of lamb from our neighborhood butcher.  He never disappoints.  Great quality stuff.  

I did a sort of "forward sear" method.  This solves the problem of browning the meat when you've got an herb crust on it.  Seasoned with S&P, and seared inside on CI:

Then it got smeared with a paste of herbs, garlic, dijon mustard and some oil. Onto the egg, raised indirect, around 350-400 degrees.  

Pulled at IT around 130-135

AR and stone pulled to cook a few more things... nice grease fire....

Kids took the rare slices, bums.  It was so darned tender it was still great cooked this much:

Easter bunny brought me a baguette baking pan.  first try looked ok, except the bottoms mostly stuck to the pan.  

Happy quarantine, 
B

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle

Comments

• gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes. 
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Bravo, sir!!

Sadly, I was uninitiated, uninformed, and uneducated in the ways of the 'cue when we lived in Chicago. Didn't live that far from Paulina Meat Market, and even closer to Greektown, Little Italy, and Pilsen during my stint at Rush. I really miss those places. We don't have butchers like that here. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @caliking it’s funny you mention that. Paulina was always my wife’s favorite place, and she’ll tell you they had the best lamb there. But back in my Rush days I had one of those tiny camping propane grills, certainly no real cue.  Lucky I didn’t burn down the wooden fire escape off my little apartment! (I was right down the block from the Map Room, though, so I would have had a good place to escape the flames)
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle