Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help deciding between the Challenger Torch 48 or the BGE Modular Nest with Cabinet

Options

I'm looking for pros and cons of theses 2 tables. I am considering either the Challenger table Torch 48 or the BGE Modular Nest EGG Frame and Expansion Cabinet for me Large egg. After I included all the add-on's with Modular Nest set up (EGG Frame, Expansion Cabinet, Stainless Steel insert for the cabinet and (6) wheels) its price comes out to about 1,696.00 the Challenger Torch 48 price is 1,719.00. So, as you can see price is not the deciding factor. I have not seen eater one in person and not sure I will be able too. Does anyone have experience with either table? Any help would be appreciated. Or is there a table I am not considering? Building a table is not going to happen, I have been saying that I am going to do that for 5 years and never have time.

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,654
    Options
    @Tspud1 may be able to offer some advice or perhaps a different point of view on this topic
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Fayborg
    Fayborg Posts: 82
    Options
    I have the Challenger with a large BGE.  I love it. I roll it in and out of the garage to use. Very sturdy and well built. I use it year round in all weather conditions. The doors seal very well. The finish wears well. But it stays in the garage when not used.  I have the folding extension and is useful but doesn’t take up added space in the garage.  I put a thin rubber mat with a slab of marble stone on the right side to protect the finish from scratches or hot items.  The right side I use more.  The only negative for me, magnetic items won’t stick to the sides or top.  
    Hope this helps some.
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    Challenger is very nice.

Mountain View, CA
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options

Shoot @Tspud1 A PM I have had mine about a year and half and couldn’t be happier.  The build quality is amazing.  You can customize your door/drawer layout and he is active on the forum.  The casters roll smooth I take mine off our patio out to the pool a few times a year for parties and it’s an easy one person job. 
  • lightningque
    lightningque Posts: 68
    edited April 2020
    Options

1 large in challenger cart and 1 mini-max , too many dang accessories  

Baton Rouge LA 

• lightningque
    Options
    I love my challenger cart.  I have had it going on 6 years and this is what I looks like.  could not ask for better quality.  

Baton Rouge LA 

• webeinky
    webeinky Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you all, for all of the input on this. As luck would have it the dealer 20 miles away had both of the tables in stock for me to look at. I will say the Challenger table is a awesome table, the build quality is outstanding.

But for me, the fact that the BGE table was a bit bigger (more prep area), that I am left-handed so I could put the work area on the LH side of the egg. and that the dealer gave me 10% off of all BGE items that day, made me decided on the BGE cart.
    Funny though, I seem to have found a way to spend all of the $170.00 discount and then some on other accessory for the egg.  
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    U_tarded said:

Shoot @Tspud1 A PM I have had mine about a year and half and couldn’t be happier.  The build quality is amazing.  You can customize your door/drawer layout and he is active on the forum.  The casters roll smooth I take mine off our patio out to the pool a few times a year for parties and it’s an easy one person job. 
    Wow what a nice table. Biased I am
  • lightningque
    Options
    webeinky said:
    Thank you all, for all of the input on this. As luck would have it the dealer 20 miles away had both of the tables in stock for me to look at. I will say the Challenger table is a awesome table, the build quality is outstanding.

But for me, the fact that the BGE table was a bit bigger (more prep area), that I am left-handed so I could put the work area on the LH side of the egg. and that the dealer gave me 10% off of all BGE items that day, made me decided on the BGE cart.
    Funny though, I seem to have found a way to spend all of the $170.00 discount and then some on other accessory for the egg.  
    can't go wrong with that one bro, that is super nice and you have a spot for a mini max at some point. lol.  enjoy it! 

Baton Rouge LA