Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flameboss Help

Options
The Pit Probe for Flameboss 200 is not responding.  Can you use the meat
 probe to control fan by placing in Pit and not meat?
2 Xl's, MM and Forno Bello
Pizza Oven in Bergen County, NJ

Comments

• jccbone62
    jccbone62 Posts: 248
    Options
    I'm sure about the FB200 but the FB300 has a manual mode where you can control the fan.  It isn't easy to get into but if you can find some instructions for the FB200 it may shed some like on what you may be able to do in your current situation.  I suggest googling it and see what is online for you.
    XL owner in Wichita, KS
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Perhaps @MichaelCollins can help.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• etherdome
    etherdome Posts: 471
    edited April 2020
    Options
    kdink said:
    yes. You can. I’ve had this problem multiple times. The temp probes are cheaply made and develop issues way too frequently . Then they charge  you like $25 for another cheap replacement . 
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    etherdome said:
    kdink said:
    yes. You can. I’ve had this problem multiple times. The temp probes are cheaply made and develop issues way too frequently . Then they charge  you like $25 for another cheap replacement . 
    Agreed on the sturdyness of them, I keep backup pit and food probes just in case, they are reasonably priced 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    I've had the same meat probe on mine for 4 yrs.....pit probe went out after 3 yrs, but that was my fault.  They are a sacrificial parts.  Treat them well and they will last longer, but they will eventually fail.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    etherdome said:
    kdink said:
    Yes, you can use the probes interchangeably. Just plug the probe into the pit jack.

The FB folks replaced 2 probes for me,  and even the main unit, a good while after warranty. Sure, the probes could have lasted longer, but they stood by their product and did the right thing for the customer. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.