Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bruised kidney during covid 19

would you take a 77 year old that recently had  a head injury involving cutting thru the skull in 4 places into the doctors or just monitor bp and temp. 3 falls in 3 months
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Nola nailed it on the head.  Most are taking calls and even doing video conferencing.  
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    edited March 2020
    I would call a doctor and follow their recommendations. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    I would call up a doctor, send some pics and let them make a decision.  Then put a helmet on your dad and cut him off from gin. You don't really want to go to the hospital because you may be exposed to COVID19. 

will see what happens tonight, would prefer he goes to my doctor or talks to him atleast, smaller practice than his doctor in a huge clinic but not sure mine would accept his medicare.  i think he needs to drop some of his bp meds, he falls in the mid morning before his one glass of gin
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Calling Dr. @billt01

I think he may have caught the BEETUS from a rancid Twinkee and isn't available for professional advice at the moment.
    I think he’s busy with stock tips

billt01 said:
    google Moderna - MRNA.
    click BUY

You're welcome...

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Calling Dr. @billt01

I think he may have caught the BEETUS from a rancid Twinkee and isn't available for professional advice at the moment.
    This can’t be true, Twinkies won’t go rancid for another 200 years.
  • Many patients are on blood pressure medicine that do not need to be. Doctors only see the snapshot of when the blood pressure is taken at the office, and being in a doctors office, and having a hot nurse working the machine can make some guys redline. Does he take his blood pressure at home?
  • lentsboy007
    lentsboy007 Posts: 416
    Consulting a bbq forum for medical advice 😂

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Legume said:
    caliking said:
    Although I would generally agree with you, there is a wealth of expertise available here, in many professions/vocations. 

My experience has been that many such professionals care about folks, especially bbq folks, and offer reasonable advice to forum members who are not a-holes. Sometimes, reasonable advice is even offered to the a-holes.

I'd defintely count @fishlessman among the non a-holes, but opinions may differ. 
    plus medical knowledge is pretty much contagious, so if there are a few professionals on here, we’re all pretty much going to be really smart amateurs from just hanging out.

I’m almost an engineer based on this theory as well.
    I stayed at a Holiday Inn once...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Many patients are on blood pressure medicine that do not need to be. Doctors only see the snapshot of when the blood pressure is taken at the office, and being in a doctors office, and having a hot nurse working the machine can make some guys redline. Does he take his blood pressure at home?
    If your doctor is only going by what the BP is in the office, you need a new doctor. Most providers who know what their doing have patients(as long as they are compliant) keep a BP log for a few weeks before deciding on treatment.
  • Not all providers know what they are doing.
  • nolaegghead
    edited April 2020
    ....lol
    We all just offer a different type of telemedicine here.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fishlessman

billt01 said:
    google Moderna - MRNA.
    click BUY

You're welcome...

thats doing as good as a 0 percent treasury bond but with stress
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman

im not sure i would fully trust a gp that would want him to come in right now. was just taking a risk/benefit assessment as we are in  a pandemic as is. gp will be calling back. seems all the pandemic doctors are busy right now so where else would i go for a pandemic question other than a bbq forum where there are those working thru this right now =)
    fukahwee maine

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I was having some urinary issues around the last years BB.  @nolaegghead was nice enough to give me a prostate exam and said everything seemed ok. 

No issues after that.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    Wait a minute, the cut was "through the skull"????? That means the brain is exposed? that is very very serious. Maybe he will get the covid at the dr. but he is also likely to get an infection from a cut like that.

XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • fishlessman
    Wait a minute, the cut was "through the skull"????? That means the brain is exposed? that is very very serious. Maybe he will get the covid at the dr. but he is also likely to get an infection from a cut like that.

been 2 months and 4 ct scans since but im hoping they just prescribe better pain meds, bed rest, fluids, and at most a walkin blood test and no othe visits
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    You could always pick up some fava beans and a good bottle of chianti.  Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. 
    You could always pick up some fava beans and a good bottle of chianti.  Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. 

chianti.....you wine hack
    fukahwee maine

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    edited April 2020
    deleted.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • fishlessman
    dumped one of the bp meds and added tramadol. he is gonna freak when he finds out he is on opioids.  maybe ill just say april fools after telling him today and let him google it next week.
    fukahwee maine

• speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    edited April 2020
    while tramadol is classified as an opiod, and works similarly, it is significantly less likely to cause addiction. Not impossible though...

It actually is NOT an opiod. So you can tell your dad he is NOT on an opiod, just a drug that is classified as one. When it first came on the scene in the 90's it was not even classified as an opiod.
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    edited April 2020

billt01 said:
    google Moderna - MRNA.
    click BUY

You're welcome...

you're (FIFY) blind or your math is $#!TTy....

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MRNA/
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    edited July 2020

billt01 said:
    google Moderna - MRNA.
    click BUY

You're welcome...

=)  B):)

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Nice grab Bill- glad it worked out for you. 
    Greensboro, NC