Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Waygu cooks continued

Sous vide at 128 for a few hours finished with ghee in cast iron.  A gold filet and a sirloin topped with Stilton blue.

The filet had lanes brisket seasoning and the sirloin had trader joe umami.

U12 scallops from a local place cooked in ghee as well finished with a butter saffron cream sauce.

Brandon - Ohio

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Holy FOOOOOOOOOOK!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    May I suggest some Hardcore Carnivore BLACK in the future? But looks like you have it handled just fine
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Oh. Damn. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I’m gonna hand deliver the next bottle of Blantons. That’s for sure. Bravo! Bravo indeed!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Holy Dayum, nice cook!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Sous vide at 128 for a few hours finished with ghee in cast iron.  A gold filet and a sirloin topped with Stilton blue.

The filet had lanes brisket seasoning and the sirloin had trader joe umami.

U12 scallops from a local place cooked in ghee as well finished with a butter saffron cream sauce.

Hoochie Mama!! Yes.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    True banquet right there.  You did the beef and scallops proud.  Congrats across the board.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • @Leopoldstoch absolutely gorgeous cook! 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Fan-fkn-tastic!
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Wowsa!!!  Nice job.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    I quit. You win. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Exquisite cook.  Everything looks delicious. 
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • Two steaks and scallops? Sounds and looks like an incredible pairing. 
    Albuquerque, NM - LBGE and an old rusted gasser that I use for accessory storage.

• gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    GEEEEEZZzzz, that steak with blue cheese, oh my and the scallops. Thats over the top. Well done sir!!!
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Amazing!  Thanks for sharing  :)
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.