Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon wrapped 3 cheese pork tenderloin

loco_engr
loco_engr Posts: 5,759
edited February 2020 in EggHead Forum

aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Hot dang! Looks great
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Looks great. Maybe you could whip up a vegetarian version for February 30!
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,359
    I'd hit that, very nice yep.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • loco_engr
    Looks great. Maybe you could whip up a vegetarian version for February 30!
    lettuce wrapped tofu . . .  =)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Looks perfectly cooked and juicy! Could be time for a fresh jar of Swamp Venom :) Did you cook it direct?? Nicely browned sir. Cheers.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • loco_engr
    Looks perfectly cooked and juicy! Could be time f, took or a fresh jar of Swamp Venom :) Did you cook it direct?? Nicely browned sir. Cheers.
    Chris
    Indirect @ varying temps 220-280, took app 1 1/2 hrs & TY

aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Better to buy the three cheese blend already together.  It's a challenging step to get the three cheese blend just right.  This is a video that helped me perfect the three cheese blend for pizza.  I would guess the same technique would work with the three cheeses in your blend.

Hmmmm.....

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    thetrim said:
    Better to buy the three cheese blend already together.  It's a challenging step to get the three cheese blend just right.  This is a video that helped me perfect the three cheese blend for pizza.  I would guess the same technique would work with the three cheeses in your blend.

Hmmmm.....

chef michael neylan will need to make a new video, this is a complex two cheese mix with three kinds of peppers
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • loco_engr
    I'd would have to have some Romano in there
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • Looks good! The cheese doesn’t look like it got out too much. Did you slice a pocket in the tenderloin or just wrap the whole thing in cheese under the bacon?
    Albuquerque, NM - LBGE and an old rusted gasser that I use for accessory storage.

• loco_engr
    Plutonium said:
    Looks good! The cheese doesn’t look like it got out too much. Did you slice a pocket in the tenderloin or just wrap the whole thing in cheese under the bacon?
    sliced in 1/2
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman: