Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recipe - Sprinters' Cinder Burn Ribs

Options
sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This basis for this recipe was from a "Get Smoked" cookbook that I have but has been modified from its original form quite a bit. The name comes from my old days of running in high school on those old cinder tracks. (I date myself somewhat, or at least let you know that I'm from a VERY small town) I remember falling on those cinders a number of times but getting right back up to finish the race 'cause I was having so much fun. Thats the same feeling I get with these ribs. They have a pretty potent kick to them but you keep on going till the plate is completely gone. Anyway, try 'em if you like hot ribs.[p]
Overnight Paste:[p]1/3 Cup Beer (use what you like I guess)
1/3 Cup Garlic Salt
1 TBSP White Pepper
1/2 Cup Paprika
1/4 Cup Dry Mustard
1/4 Cup Red Wine or Cider Vinegar
1/4 Cup Steak Sauce or Worst... Sauce[p]Mix this together to form a paste. Add more beer if the paste is too thick. Wrap the ribs in plastic and refrigerate them overnight.[p]
Sauce:[p]1 Cup Ketchup
1 Cup Chili Sauce
1/2 Cup Steak Sauce
2 TBSP Worst... Sauce
2 TBSP Dry Mustard
3 TBSP Tabasco Sauce or Other Hot Sauce
3 TBSP Prepared Horseradish
2 Cloves Garlic Minced
4 TBSP Molasses or Maple Syrup
2 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar
1 Minced Jalepeno Pepper (optional)[p]Mix all of this together in a bowl and set aside.[p]Take the ribs out of the fridge and get the fire started. I cook mine indirect at about 250 until they're done. The last couple of hours you want to start basting the ribs with the sauce. Reserve about a cup for dipping the ribs in, the rest can be used for basting them.[p]Like I said, thise have quite a kick to them but the smoke flavor tempers the heat of the sauces somewhat. Let me know if you try them and how you like them.[p]Troy

Comments

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    sprinter, this sounds really great. I will try this the next time i do ribs, (did some yesterday ;)), so it might be awhile before i cook more but i definitely want to try these.
    Thanks for sharing. ChefRD