Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Dry Aged Cheesesteaks

Recently dry aged a choice strip loin for 55 days. I usually use prime but this was on sale so I gave it a try. I didn’t want to go 55 days but it just happened.

Anyways when I cooked the first steaks SV style they were tough. They had good flavor just too much chew. I suspect they over dried from the extended time dry aging.

I decided they would make a good cheesesteak on the blackstone. Time to put the meat slicer to work. I cut them up paper thin and threw them on the blackstone with some baby Bella shrooms (we skipped the onions this time). Topped with some white American and provolone. Served with @RRP au jus and some crispy crowns. Washed it down with a Kuhnhenn Dripa.

These did not disappoint! The dry age flavor was noticeable and the ends crisped up real nice. We ate until we were uncomfortable :)

Macomb, MI - LBGE, WSM, blackstone and a Weber gasser

Comments