Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally Fixed My Alignment Issue

Options
Rambo
Rambo Posts: 43
edited December 2019 in EggHead Forum
After years of the same half-inch (underbite) alignment issues, Christmas came early this year.

Long story short, I was in the middle of changing the gasket on my large egg and finally had enough of the annoying underbite. Yes, I know the underbite didn’t necessarily affect the performance of the egg, but I’m type A about my cookers! I reached out to Joey at San Diego Grill Pros and he recommended a new Band Assimbly Kit. Man, AMEN for the first time ever my egg closes perfectly...

Knocked out a beaty of a bird for Thanksgiving with a perfect seal!

I Love Animals. They Taste Great. 

Large Green Egg - Traeger Texas Pro - Weber kettle Grill for life.

Comments

• unoriginalusername
    Options
    Congrats on the bird and the aligned dome 
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    @Rambo - did you find it more difficult to access the interior of the egg? I need to do something about a gasket, and fixing the alignment problem that I have. I also need to be able to utilize the egg with a loaded CGS Adjustable Rig. Of course, I can sell the eggs and just use my Karuebecue and 28" Blackstone...
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • Rambo
    Rambo Posts: 43
    Options
    @rifrench it is a tad tighter fit but I sill use a double stack without any issues. By the don’t sell the egg... 
    I Love Animals. They Taste Great. 

Large Green Egg - Traeger Texas Pro - Weber kettle Grill for life.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    That fowl does not look foul. 

Nice job. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    New bands are on my Christmas list this year.  Can't wait.  I've really struggled with my old ones for far too long!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Predsegger
    Options
    New bands solved my underbite and I haven't looked back.  Nice bird!
    Franklin, TN LBGE