Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New table build (cedar and concrete)

Options
Nearly done this project. This is for two large Joes so the height is a little different than my last egg tables (14.5 vs 17 depth from top)

Comments

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    Crazy good.  This is what I envisioned when I built mine, but the execution fell way short.  This is what I’ll do next time!  

What did did you use to finish the cedar?  Spar Urethane?  Lap joints only? Any mortise and tenon? Kreg joints? 

Absolutely love the pull out drawer idea.  This whole thing...just killer. 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• unoriginalusername
    Options
    SaltySam said:
    Crazy good.  This is what I envisioned when I built mine, but the execution fell way short.  This is what I’ll do next time!  

What did did you use to finish the cedar?  Spar Urethane?  Lap joints only? Any mortise and tenon? Kreg joints? 

Absolutely love the pull out drawer idea.  This whole thing...just killer. 
    Thanks for the kind words. 

I used the same oil that is on our cedar deck because it will (1) match and (2) I had the left overs and was too lazy to pick something else up lol. It’s just a clear oil. Is good for a few years 

I did lap on the top and bottom length and on the weight supporting joists. Everything else is a but joint using Kreg jig pockets ... I like the invisible look of this but on my last table after moving it with the eggs in it I got a few worrying creaks that gave me cause for concern. With the weight of two large Kamados plus concrete I went for a little more indestructible lol  

Thanks, I always run out of space to work especially at parties where I might need to foil wrap ribs etc so when I saw these rails at Home Depot that could support 100lbs I just grabbed some larger cedar planks and joined them with biscuits and glue. 

Enclosed is the old table for reference 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Color me  jealous.It's  only taken me  2+ yrs to make a much simpler table. And I’m still working on it =)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Gorgeous work!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • tbutleriv
    Options
    Wow. Great work. Looking forward to finished project pictures. I have two lg eggs and want to do something similar. Love the pull out board idea.