Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Fire Bowl

Anyone check out BGE's new Fire Bowl? Haven't seen one yet but interesting

BGE Dealer and EggHead since 2013. Find our company on Facebook
Large BGE
Waterloo, IL

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Looks like ash and small pieces would plug it up just like it does on the OEM grate.   No thanks.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Agreed. A bit underwhelming. Other than the side holes, i'm not sure of the difference... Once you go KAB its hard to go back...
  • Another knockoff, looks to serve as more of a dual heat zone item

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    edited September 2019
    I bet it’s only $129!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• I bet it’s only $129!
    Close! Only $99.95 for a Large 👀. No pricing on XL or 2XL yet 
    BGE Dealer and EggHead since 2013. Find our company on Facebook
    Large BGE
    Waterloo, IL
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    It won’t crack 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,265
    Honestly don't see the need for this or for KAB. What am I missing?
    Mountain View, CA
  • dmourati said:
    You’re missing the opportunity to spend $99.95 on something you don’t need!  😉
    I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Picture above is the XL version, Lg does not have the divider
  • NCSmoky said:
    Ah thats too bad, I have this on my KAB for my large and use it all the time.  my KJ3 came with a basket and divider stock so I obviously use that all the time as well.

I think I'd be afraid to price out a new egg all decked out with the Eggspander, rEGGulator and rain guard, fire bowl, nest and handler, ash pan / tool, grid lifter etc.... 

I haven't done the math but for dealers that have team Green beside team Red thats starting to feel like healthy premium for new buyers to have to consider.  
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    It's just a matter of nomenclature, but the OE ceramic term is the fire box which looks more like a bowl and now this piece is being called a bowl when it looks more like a box =) 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    edited September 2019
    NCSmoky said:
    Ah thats too bad, I have this on my KAB for my large and use it all the time.  my KJ3 came with a basket and divider stock so I obviously use that all the time as well.

I think I'd be afraid to price out a new egg all decked out with the Eggspander, rEGGulator and rain guard, fire bowl, nest and handler, ash pan / tool, grid lifter etc.... 

I haven't done the math but for dealers that have team Green beside team Red thats starting to feel like healthy premium for new buyers to have to consider.  
    I have bought two new eggs in the last 18 months to add to my herd, an XL and a 2XL. Both times pricing it against the KJ, the KJ was more expensive even with the eggs equipped with the accessories I added to my purchase.  KJ is not the lower priced item where I live.  They come with everything (if you want all that they offer), but a KJ BJ III would cost me more than I paid for my 2XL with the conveggtor basket included.  
  • ST1SSDV
    ST1SSDV Posts: 33
    I was given one as a gift. 
    It came with minimal instructions, so I'm not sure if you remove the fire box and/or the cast iron fire grate when you install it.  It seems like combination of the the holes in the fire grate and the holes in the stainless fire bowl would restrict airflow a little.

On the other hand, I like the idea of being able to remove it to reload it as well as being able to access the ash area from the top.
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    KAB for the win!
    LBGE/Maryland
  • HEggman
    HEggman Posts: 1
    What is a kab a kj3 and a kj bj3? I’m new here. Thank you.
  • lentsboy007
    lentsboy007 Posts: 416
    BeerMike said:
    dmourati said:
    You’re missing the opportunity to spend $99.95 on something you don’t need!  😉
    Exactly ! My firebox is still stock after 10 years . No complaints 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??