Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Grill Hey!!!!

Options
ryantt
ryantt Posts: 2,532
Idk if you guys watched the bbq brawl on food network, but one of the contestants follows little Chef on Instagram!!! She asked if it would be ok to send her a sticker...well today she got a sticker, hoodie and a bottle of rub!!! All I can say is I’m sure glad she’s my Little Chef, because I love watching her on this journey.  She has so much fun and that’s more than I could ask for.  She’s reaching lots of people, her one post had 15k view, and it’s fun.  We’ve had people reach out to us on our face book page to ask about getting their own girls cooking out back with them. 

What started as a fun way way to spend time together has reached so many people and is having an impact beyond what we could have ever imagined.   I love hearing the stores of other kids getting started.  I love watching Norah and having her tell me how to respond to the emails and encourage other kids.  

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments

• HarrisFrampton
    Options
    That is awesome!
    Wimberley,TX
    X-Large,Large, Medium and Small
    17" and 28" Blackstones
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    The barbecue family is awesome!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    @HarrisFrampton  it sure was exciting for her.   There aren’t a ton of female Pitmasters for her to look at and say I can be just like her.   So when someone like Susie, Diva Q, Christy Vanover reach out to encourage her it’s exciting.  

@bluebird66  the bbq community is amazing!! It’s fun to watch my little chef do demo days or so local backyard events, we meet some of the nicest people.  Locally she’s starting to build a following, and has been asked to cook for fundraisers and events.  The largest she’s done solo was a party for 60 people but we’ve done over 300 together.   

I’m so blessed to get be a part of her journey.  She wants a  James Beard so badly she can taste it she tells me.   
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Livin' the Dream for sure.  Congrats and keep it going!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.