Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Disposing of Base, Dome, Ring

Options
jimbotron
jimbotron Posts: 74
edited September 2019 in EggHead Forum
Back in 2016 I smashed my fire ring and bought a new one. It didn't fit. BGE figured the base had warped, and sent me a new one plus firebox. New base didn't work with my old dome, so they sent me a new dome. And fire ring still didn't fit because it wasn't round to begin with (a problem chronicled in this forum, if only I'd noticed). Blood pressure. Anyway, BGE  promised to send a new fire ring when new, rounder, stock came in, but never did. I just reminded them, and hopefully it's on the way. Fingers crossed. I haven't used my egg for years at this point!

Meanwhile: what the heck do I do with the extra base, dome, and fire ring (for medium egg)? If anybody wants it, I'm in Westchester County. If not, how the heck should I dispose/recycle these monsters? Dig a grave and bury it all?

Comments

• cookingdude555
    Options
    Please ship them to Salt Lake City. 
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Actually, post them in Facebook marketplace. There is a group dedicated to BGE sales. Very high traffic and use. 
  • jimbotron
    Options
    I don't need to make a profit, just want to get rid of it all, it's sat here for years. Firebox, too.

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    The base would make a nice planter.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    You are half way to a second BGE. 
    You could put some chairs around it and use it as a fire pit. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Had the same thing happen with the Medium......they changed the dimensions year ago.  So a new fire ring will not fit in an old base.  My base and firebox were also replaced.

I would get yourself a band, a grate, fire grate, dome thermo, and a cap......you'll have a second BGE for under $200.  Or just piece it together and sell it.  Oh and a nest.

I have a fire grate, dual function cap, dome thermo in stock if youre interested.