Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Labor Day Cooks

Options
dmchicago
dmchicago Posts: 4,516

Labor Day
, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.

I'm going with Beef Ribs. Not sure what day. Enjoy the fruits of your labor, ladies and gents!
Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
Dennis - Austin,TX

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Brisket and maybe a couple of spacthcock chickens on Monday. Fresh peach cobbler for dessert.

Hope everyone enjoys a safe Labor Day weekend!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Going to let Valentina's do my cooking.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • BugFreak72
    BugFreak72 Posts: 246
    Options
    Brisket was planned but Dorian may cancel that for me. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Rib Cookoff on Sunday so...Ribs pulled pork and brisket ( Sliders) Smoked MAC And Cheeses Boudin Balls and Sausage Thai Sausage , Chicken Thighs and A good cigar 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Ribs or maybe jambalaya, I'm working all day Saturday but plan on cooking the rest of the weekend!
    LBGE
    AL
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    My girls are coming in Saturday and they requested rib.....so I'm cooking ribs.
     ;) 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• marysvilleksegghead
    Options
    beef ribs, tritip, pizza, wagyu steaks & pork loins and maybe some appetizers energy permitting  =)
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I am aiming to make the smoked Mac and cheese with pulled pork that @bigguy136 and @U_tarded got me thinking and thinking about.  My daughter in law would prefer the Mac and cheese with no meat so I may have to make two batches.  I am also going to make chicken wings with the rub @Jupiter Jim gave me- also bunches of veggies (I haven’t figured that part out yet)
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Pork ribs here. Besides all the retailers will say that Labor Day marks the last of Summer and you must put away your grills until the start of grilling season on Memorial Day 2020! NOT
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BGEChicago
    BGEChicago Posts: 574
    Options
    smokingal said:
    I'm going to combat my ongoing surge of laziness and cook the SRF ribs I purchased earlier this month.

Also, my dry aging efforts with the Japanese A5 Waygu brisket are going slowly, so I'm going to cook the brisket extension piece, which will be 40 days old on Sunday.  It started off at 5lbs 13.9oz and is on track to weigh in at around 5 pounds by Sunday.  It smells sweet and nutty, like fresh heavy cream infused with roasted hazelnuts.  Then the dry aged beefy funk creeps in.  Can't wait.

"ongoing surge of laziness" so now your an excellent chef AND comedian  =)
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Brisket, pork belly, 3 racks of spare ribs, and two chickens for tomorrow.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Pulled pork tomorrow to go along with a college footballl kickoff party, pics to follow
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
    Im heading fishing.Walleye tacos is the plan Sunday. Hopefully lakers Monday. Size restrictions change the 1st, only one over 22", but thats still an opportunity for a bunch of good eats if the weather cooperates. Frost warning tonight!!!
  • JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    Options
    Pork ribs and wings. 
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    Options
    Ribs and wings. 

Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Eyes were a little too big- these are about 2-2.5” thick

Indirect is taking awhile and family is hungry. 

But why I love the XL- can basically do indirect by keeping steaks from being over the flame. 
    I call steaks that large "chunks-o-cow". Good eating ahead...ENJOY!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Injected a 6lb pork butt, topped with homemade pineapple chutney and sriracha Mayo. Had a few too many adult beverages between games, so here is a pic of the pork and garlic Mac n cheese

• NorthPilot06
    Options
    CornfedMA said:
    Did some prime bone-in filets for myself and SWMBO. Finished caveman. These things were on point! 

That’s one sweet pic
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • SmokeyLopey
    Options
    Yes, what @NorthPilot06 said! Nice pics...nice cook!
  • schizoid2k
    Options
    beef back ribs
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Awesome! Looks like great food and a great time.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    If you look closely, you can see TSwifts jet on the runway in the distance.
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Dry aged 28 day ribeyes, baked potatoes, and ears of Kansas sweet corn on the XL tonight! Even the weather cooperated after 8 days of storms and rain.