Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

wonderful week in Maine. Fishlessman one lucky guy in the summer (winter bet not-so-much).

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
@fishlessman lives in a great place. Just spent a week traveling between Camden (to the north) and Kittery (to the south). Great weather as it was 103 when we left Austin (probably the same when we land tomorrow). 
My forth time in the last 6 years to travel in Maine and will make it at least a yearly trip now. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Gawjus!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Excellent Mickey, Looks like an amazing trip.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • BGEinMaine
    Options
    Looks great and glad you enjoyed it! I live in Portland and love it here!
  • Mickey
    Options
    Looks great and glad you enjoyed it! I live in Portland and love it here!
    We are in Portland tonight flying in the morning. Trying to see how i would have time to make it to Becky’s Dinner for blueberry pancakes in the morning. Love your city and state. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Beautiful!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • SmokeyLopey
    Options
    Yes, beautiful!
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    If you haven’t, next time in Portland check out Duckfat for lunch, and make reservations for dinner at Fore Street. You won’t be disappointed.  
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    Mickey said:
    @fishlessman lives in a great place. Just spent a week traveling between Camden (to the north) and Kittery (to the south). Great weather as it was 103 when we left Austin (probably the same when we land tomorrow). 
    My forth time in the last 6 years to travel in Maine and will make it at least a yearly trip now. 

Just Wow!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Last time I was in Maine, it was an accident. Was headed for NH and missed my I-95 exit. Wound up in ME and had to double back. But I've been to Maine many times (on purpose) and it's wonderful! 

And if you need to go to LL Bean in Freeport, Midnight is the best time. All the fresh brewed free coffee you can drink and NO crowds! They're open 24x7 and I swear, after midnight, the only people you'll see in the store will be wearing green LLB shirts and will be stocking shelves! 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    We were in Bar Harbor sitting at pier when two old mainers came and sat down adjacent to us.  What a treat listening to those guys commiserate about the old town before they built this or that. They sounded like two Roofas discussing the old times.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    you have me hungry there, fried clam box for lunch today ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

That's some great looking grub and gorgeous pictures.

Pretty sure Austin will still be in the 100's when you get back.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    You should have stopped by the Range Rover dealer and said hello to Fish. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I am constantly amazed of the far reaching beauty of our great Nation.  Your pictures are stunning.  I'm glad to hear you had a great time.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Looks like a great time was had with great food. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• fishlessman
    Options
    i used to scuba in front of the nubble, lots of lobsters there. the nubble is the local name for that lighthouse
    fukahwee maine

• Mickey
    Options
    Last time I was in Maine, it was an accident. Was headed for NH and missed my I-95 exit. Wound up in ME and had to double back. But I've been to Maine many times (on purpose) and it's wonderful! 

And if you need to go to LL Bean in Freeport, Midnight is the best time. All the fresh brewed free coffee you can drink and NO crowds! They're open 24x7 and I swear, after midnight, the only people you'll see in the store will be wearing green LLB shirts and will be stocking shelves! 
    We did, just not at mid-night. I’m old

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Beautiful!!  Thanks for sharing.. Bucket list trip up there... 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Mickey said:

We did, just not at mid-night. I’m old

I'm old too. I used to go all the way to the Canadian border to camp on an island in a lake in SE Maine. We'd leave Connecticut at about 9-10PM and drive thru the night. Put us in Freeport at midnight or later (about halfway to our destination). We'd buy out of state fishing licenses there. The three guys I went with long ago moved away so I haven't made that trip in years!

Oh, and the waterfall in front of Bean's? I once was driving down Main street in Freeport behind a bucket loader carrying the fake fibreglas waterfall before it was installed. Don't know if that's still there, but it was cooler than the boot!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Looks like a great trip! I had the pleasure of having LL Bean as one of my clients a number of years ago. For the most part, the folks that work there are very genuine and down to earth. With that, I got to travel up there year round, on a regular basis. It does get COLD in the winter, which is about 6 months long. The scenery is stunning everywhere you turn and there is some beautiful rugged country to explore as well. I miss the Chowder and the clams with the bellies; good stuff! Only problem is summer is too short. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    That’s my kinda place @Bear 007
  • Mickey
    Options
    @Bear 007 I want to do what you show but can't leave the coast... One day....

• Bear 007
    Bear 007 Posts: 383
    Options
    You also have to deal with this stuff

It really isn't that bad.
  • Mickey
    Options
    Bear 007 said:

How is THAT not that bad?????????? Good truck (I sold them for 40+ years)

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,486
    Options
    Bear 007 said:
    The other Maine (way up North).

If you'd photochop the rear moose's head out of the pic, that would be hilarious!  I got what I thought was the ultimate bison photo last time I was in Yellowstone, but saw on my computer it had five legs; a young'un was standing right behind him that I didn't see.  

It also must be noted that "Free Midnight Coffee" and "Fiberglass Waterfalls" would both BAGNFARB!!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Bear 007 said:

How is THAT not that bad?????????? Good truck (I sold them for 40+ years)
    That’s way easier than high high heat.  I’ve been out of Maine in the mid-Atlantic for 20 years now and still loathe the summer here.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• fishlessman
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Bear 007 said:

somehow i made it thru last winter without removing snow from the driveway, i just drove on it =) nice pup
    fukahwee maine