Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Apparently, this is a Real Thing....

Botch
Botch Posts: 15,427

Blech!  

I had to eat the original stuff, as a kid, on occasion, but at least fried in butter.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

Comments

• Put on your Uggs and you’re nearly a basic b1tch. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Also, a thing I learned in “leading a multigenerational workforce” 4 hr class this week. 
    Millennials are obsessed with chic fil a.  At least round here.  Who knew?  
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    they are here too

Lenoir, N.C.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    They actually squealed with delight when they brought in lunch.  I left.  
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    looking forward to finding the teriyaki spam, no way with the pumpkin.  nobody goes to the chicfila here, the one that opened in november is a ghost town
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    @fishlessman

"looking forward to finding the teriyaki spam"

with a pineapple habanero glaze..

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Maybe we should have a SPAM throwdown!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• fishlessman
    Maybe we should have a SPAM throwdown!
    pumpkin spice spam monkey bread could be a possibility =)

fukahwee maine

• The chick-fil-a's here are stupid crowded.  It amazes me how many cars they can get in and out at lunch.  I see that crowd and just keep on driving.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Maybe we should have a SPAM throwdown!
    Oh dear sweet God, why??!!

They actually squealed with delight when they brought in lunch.  I left.  
    I've only tried the place 3 times and each time left me not squealing in delight, but groaning in agony as I proceeded to choke back Tums like they were smarties candies.  Hot wings don't cause indigestion that severe.  Just awful.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    I had a free sample of Chikfila in 1980. I then spent all night with my butt on the toilet and my face in the sink. For some reason I don’t want to go back.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Spam is great in fried rice or pan fried on Wonder bread and slathered in mayo.  The above mentioned Spam should be killed with fire!!!

If you don't like Chick-Fil-A you're either a yankee or a commie.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    I will totally do a spam throwdown! 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• fishlessman
    this post has me looking at recipes.  breaded fried spam fries look great, thinking a sriracha mayo lime dip would work well

Image result for spam fries

fukahwee maine

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I've eaten at Chick-fil-a a couple of times. Just another fast food joint. We don't even have one in my town. Gotta go almost to Mass for the nearest one around here. Never been there. When I ate their stuff, I was in Virginia. =)

As for Spam, probably the 60s since I had any. Pumpkin is not going to lure me back.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited August 2019
    Can we all agree that Austin, MN is the BBQ capital of the world

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • The chick-fil-a's here are stupid crowded.  It amazes me how many cars they can get in and out at lunch.  I see that crowd and just keep on driving.  
    Don't get me to lying.  I love me some Chik-fil A.  My first apartment was right next door to one as well as a Wendy's.  You can imagine where I ate on most Sundays.  Since I have gotten older and slower, so has my metabolism.  Dr. wouldn't approve of those habits anymore.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    SMH!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    I'm going to buy some 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• BugFreak72
    BugFreak72 Posts: 246
    edited August 2019
    So if hotdogs are supposedly lips and a$$holes what is Spam made of?
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    That's funny. I get ads in my Spam folder with lips and a$$holes. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    edited August 2019
    Farts and oinks. No seriously I like it fried in butter and worchestshire .
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Well, this thread certainly grew a second head!  :lol:

Chik-Fil-A's around here are packed.  My two former lunch buddies always wanted to go there, at least once a week, because young mormon Moms really liked the place; I couldn't stand all the children screaming.  
    I don't get it either, seems like standard fast-food cheekun to me.  We had a similar situation when In-n-Out Burger came to town, the cops were directing traffic near the place (Centerville, north of SLC) for months!!  (I am not exaggerating here).  Yet, when a second place opened up within walking distance of me, good crowd but nothing amazing.  I don't get it.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    I enjoy both Chick-fil-a and In-n-Out. While I like their food, I like that the employees actually seem to give a d@mn. Even if they don't. The restaurants are always clean and the service is really good, at least the ones near me.
    Las Vegas, NV

• BugFreak72
    BugFreak72 Posts: 246
    I can't stand Chick-fil-a for nothing more than the traffic they cause here. All the minivans block a main intersection here waiting in line for that terrible food. Every day I deal with that bs. Add to that the awful smell their food puts in our office when people bring it in and I can't stand them.
  • marysvilleksegghead
    marysvilleksegghead Posts: 862
    edited August 2019

Frank's crown roast

Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • Love chic fil a. Spam ain’t bad either. I like their new taco commercial. 
  • I'm not afraid of Spam but Pumpkin Spice preceding it scares me to death! I dont scare easily....;
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Can't go wrong with Spam musubi.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Pan fried spam and pan fried bologna both smell awful, but it brings back childhood memories. I still eat both.
    I don’t get the obsession some kids, my son included, have with chick fil a . It’s just a chicken samich