Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp Tacos

Options
SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
edited July 2019 in EggHead Forum
Do you ever have one of those evenings that the cook kind of has a mind of its own? I wanted to try making green lightning shrimp, but my wife is sensitive to spicy foods at the moment - so I’m thinking substitute green chilis for jalapeños. I have fresh peaches so I thought - peach salsa - that will go well with shrimp. I had green chilies out so I thought I might as well make green chili corn tortillas.  What to go with it? Well, why not corn fritters with some green chilies? So that’s what I did...

So I made tortillas...

Then the fritters.

Then grilled the shrimp.

Y’all, this wasn’t shabby. Thanks for looking. 
Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments