Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another round of pizzas

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
Did another round of pizza last night. 48-72 hour New York Pizza dough and FWSY Sauce from “The Elements of Pizza”. Got to use the Type 00 flour for the first time and working with the dough and stretching and shaping the dough was a joy. Don’t know if it was the recipe or the flour but it was the easiest dough to work with. The sauce was amazing and will be our go to from now on. 

I did did have an issue with the Egg. I couldn’t get it above 510 (shooting for 550). Had it wide open and going for an hour and a half but it wouldn’t get hotter. Plenty of charcoal. Guess I should have pulled the KAB before I started, sled it out and made sure there was no blockages. Still turned out good. 

Used the adjustable rig, oval stone on the bottom, regular grate on top and the BGE stone. Going to try and get it a little higher next time as the bottom was getting done faster than the top. 

Crust doesn't look look as brown in the pics as in real life. Not quite there, but getting closer to the goal. 

On a a side note, does anybody know how to adjust a dough amount to make a smaller pie? If it took a 273g dough ball to make a 12” pie, how much would it take to make a 8-8.5” pie? Thinking of doing multiple pies on the mini instead of the large. 

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments