Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Questions for Joetisserie Owners

@eggnewtoy's recent post re: spinning ribs got me looking back at other Joetisserie threads, and now I'm interested.  My question to those of you who have it, do you leave it on the Egg all the time, or do you only put it on for a spinning cook?  Is the motor dismountable (I presume it needs weather protection)?  

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, CA
XL BGE, Woo2, AR

Comments

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    On as needed
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Easy to take in and out.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Corvus
    Corvus Posts: 30
    When not in use, I store the motor in the house and the "ring" in the shed.  I always store the plate setter and grill extension on the grill.

Blessed are the flexible for they shall not get bent out of shape.

LBGE, Weber Genesis II, Weber Performer, 2-WSM, PKGrill, 22" Blackstone, KettlePizza, Joule, ChefAlarm, Smoke, 2-ThermaPens.
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    edited July 2019
    How about the warranty?  I looked on their website but cannot seem to find the terms listed.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    @mahenryak 1 year warranty.  This a response I received from them recently:

"Thanks for reaching out to us. All accessories have a one year warranty from the date of purchase. We would not be able to cover this item under warranty and we do not sell any items separately from the Joetisserie."

One of the tabs that hold the motor broke on mine.  Ended up getting it welded back on..

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 901
    Setting it up on the Egg and taking it off are as simple as it gets. About 30 seconds for each process. 
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • 55Kevy
    55Kevy Posts: 234
    Thank-you, all. 

Kevin

Beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, CA
    XL BGE, Woo2, AR

• mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Thank you @smbishop .  
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• wardo
    wardo Posts: 398
    To piggy back off the original question, how often do you use the joetisserie?
    NC - LBGE
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 901
    It varies a lot, but definitely often enough to make it worth owning.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    wardo said:
    To piggy back off the original question, how often do you use the joetisserie?
    Sorta depends on how much you use your BGE, too - and whatever other tools/toys you have. 

When I got my JT, I also ordered a flat basket and a tumble basket to go with it.  I've used my JT 3 times now (in the last month).  2x's just the straight spit, and once with the flat basket.  I pulled out some of the best boneless skinless breasts ever using the flat basket!  I've yet to use my tumble basket - just looking for the right event for some wings! I plan on using the spit for doing 2 pork shoulders for some pulled pork here later this month when the niece & nephew show up. Usually I L&S that, or do it Turbo indirect - so the JT way could add a lot more bark, and create a shorter cook time.

I have the CGS Spider & a wok that I  used a lot when I firt got it, but I've not pulled it out in a while.  But I feel I'll be using the JT a lot more - I feel it's much more versatile and the types of cooks are simpler, yet more desirable - pork loin roasts, beef roasts, chickens, turkey, etc. And I've learned (in just 3 JT cooks) to use half as much lump and it also makes for a shorter cook time.

It's gonna be a go-to tool/toy for my cooks for sure!
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • wardo
    wardo Posts: 398
    I am using my egg 3 to 4 times a week currently.  always curious about more egg toys!
    NC - LBGE
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Yeah - you'll like it,  then!  It's like having another, new, sharp knife in the kitchen... 

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • eggnewtoy
    eggnewtoy Posts: 496
    I use mine a lot.  Love the results.  have had it for 3+ years.leased 
    BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie.  

• RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    eggnewtoy said:
    I use mine a lot.  Love the results.  have had it for 3+ years.leased 
    Where’d you get that flat basket? Looks like it would be a nice addition. 
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Never mind. I found several on Amazon. 
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • eggnewtoy
    eggnewtoy Posts: 496
    That’s where I got mine.

BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie.