Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large fire ring cost?

Anyone know the cost of one? My brother in law had an unfortunate accident. Maybe @tjv or @stlcharcoal ?

Comments

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    My dealer replied to my text, looks like it’s $108. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    still looks usable to me
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    still looks usable to me
    Only you! Ha Ha
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    Photo Egg said:
    still looks usable to me
    Only you! Ha Ha
    this is what mine looked like maybe 10 years ago,  i dont know how many pieces its in now =)

DSC_0174jpg

just like a puzzle

DSC_0175jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • cookingdude555
    agreed, I think it’s usable. But he told me there are smaller chunks and shattered pieces. These are just the big chunks. $108 seems reasonable to remove the hassle. 
  • BGEChicago
    BGEChicago Posts: 574
    That's BS! I bought my XL from a sh!tty Ace Hardware that still is a dealer, been waiting 2 months for a bottom warranty claim..... BGE needs a distribution manager.  Gee... how many Ace owners post here? I'll never buy my next BGE from Ace... 
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • cookingdude555
    That's BS! I bought my XL from a sh!tty Ace Hardware that still is a dealer, been waiting 2 months for a bottom warranty claim..... BGE needs a distribution manager.  Gee... how many Ace owners post here? I'll never buy my next BGE from Ace... 
    What’s BS?
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    What’s BS?
    That his crappy Ace Hardware is still a dealer and BGE cut @stlcharcoal
    Ace stores are independent owned. Some are excellent and some suck just like and other chain store.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • cookingdude555
    Photo Egg said:
    What’s BS?
    That his crappy Ace Hardware is still a dealer and BGE cut @stlcharcoal
    Ace stores are independent owned. Some are excellent and some suck just like and other chain store.
    I see, I hadnt read stlcharcoals post.  I thought he was replying to my fire ring post, and the BS seemed confusing.  @BGEChicago, have you tried other dealers?  Or even contacted Bruce at BGE?  I have had my dealer go under, and went to Bruce for a little while until I found a dealer that is as excited about these green flower pots as me.  Now we text about egg stuff all the time, makes warranty issues awesome.  This broken fire ring is obviously not a warranty claim, kind of a oops claim if you know what I mean.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Fire ring looks barely used.  I would use it, or at least try.  But I am cheap ...errr, frugal.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • cookingdude555
    Fire ring looks barely used.  I would use it, or at least try.  But I am cheap ...errr, frugal.
    Yeah, this one isn’t mine. I have sourced him a serviceable, cracked, replacement. We’re  good now. 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Sounds like that particular one may be, but there are 6000 of them.....each of which is individually owned.  Any of my customers that bought a BGE from me that need warranty work are lucky enough to have my Ace just down the street.  I text the manager or just walk over there with them.  Last time the manager took a plate setter off the shelf and handed it to my customer.....no paperwork or wait.  Comes down to the staff.  Just depends on the location.
  • cookingdude555
    Sounds like that particular one may be, but there are 6000 of them.....each of which is individually owned.  Any of my customers that bought a BGE from me that need warranty work are lucky enough to have my Ace just down the street.  I text the manager or just walk over there with them.  Last time the manager took a plate setter off the shelf and handed it to my customer.....no paperwork or wait.  Comes down to the staff.  Just depends on the location.
    That’s good service right there. 
  • BGEChicago
    @stlcharcoal I agree, Ace is "the place with the helpful hardware man" insert jingle...  I have many friends that work here locally in Oak Brook. Being locally owned and signing a cooperative agreement, or at least an agreement (not sure they have one) you should honor what you sell, I'm sure BGE has such agreement. I'm sure I could of found a cheaper reseller, hell I could of bought a cheaper kamado grill. I bought the BGE from Ace because of reputation(s) only to be let down. As other have mentioned, I will contact Bruce as a last resort, I'd rather not bother him, we own a great product and I wouldn't hesitate buying another. As a side note, and now that I'm thinking of it, I also bought this from them https://www.stihlusa.com/products/blowers-and-shredder-vacs/professional-blowers/br800x/ and it was put together wrong and the blower tube kept coming off. Guess I need to contact the mothership for a recommendation for a good dealer in my area. Ok, I'm off my soap box, sorry to rant....
  • g37
    g37 Posts: 450
    My Ace isn’t that great either.  I was told they don’t  handle warranty claims and that I need to email BGE for any type of warranty claims. My dealer wants to charge me freight for my warranty items now. So I figure I venture out and see if there was a cheaper way to get my warranty parts.  I found friend that works at a store that sells eggs much better service now.  
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
  • BGEChicago
    edited June 2019
    @stlcharcoal your comment about "walking a customer down the street" for a warranty claim is exactly why I bought the Joetissery  from you today. I believe in your product and  you as a stand up reseller. OK, NOW I'M REALLY OFF MY SOAPBOX :) 
  • cookingdude555
    @stlcharcoal your comment about "walking a customer down the street" for a warranty claim is exactly why I bought the Joetissery  from you today. I believe in your product and  you as a stand up reseller. OK, NOW I'M REALLY OFF MY SOAPBOX :) 
    Hope it gets resolved soon for you
  • Just use some JB Weld and piece it back together.  Will go another 5 years.
  • jimdgreat1
    jimdgreat1 Posts: 175
    Mines cracked in 4 pieces. Works the same as before. Easier to move.

XLBGE - LBGE - Charbroil gasgrill

Wichita Kansas

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    @stlcharcoal I agree, Ace is "the place with the helpful hardware man" insert jingle...  I have many friends that work here locally in Oak Brook. Being locally owned and signing a cooperative agreement, or at least an agreement (not sure they have one) you should honor what you sell, I'm sure BGE has such agreement. I'm sure I could of found a cheaper reseller, hell I could of bought a cheaper kamado grill. I bought the BGE from Ace because of reputation(s) only to be let down. As other have mentioned, I will contact Bruce as a last resort, I'd rather not bother him, we own a great product and I wouldn't hesitate buying another. As a side note, and now that I'm thinking of it, I also bought this from them https://www.stihlusa.com/products/blowers-and-shredder-vacs/professional-blowers/br800x/ and it was put together wrong and the blower tube kept coming off. Guess I need to contact the mothership for a recommendation for a good dealer in my area. Ok, I'm off my soap box, sorry to rant....
    I had a recent warranty claim that I chose to go further from home to not use Ace. I will say, my local Ace recently sent a coupon for a "Free Grill Cover". Nowhere on the flyer did it say anything about buying a grill in order to receive the free cover. I walked in, asked for my free grill cover and they ordered it. Said it was Ace corporate's fault. I picked it up yesterday. 

Related - I'm selling a Traeger 780 Pro grill cover now.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA