Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,865
    Options

Happy Chocolate Egg and creepy bunny weekend.  

Its been a helter-skelter fan packed week of football, the highlight being Brighton shipping 7 goals over two games and showing a real appetite for relegation. It will still take some effort for them to go down, but we live in hope. 

Oh and some Champions League stuff happened (yawn)

The fun starts tomorrow lunchtime, Man City play Spurs (again). With only a treble on offer, are City’s heart's really in it anymore? You bet ya! Spurs are ravaged by injuries and will be more or less spent. Routine 2-0 for the Blues and the pressure goes back on Liverpool.

Bournemouth - hot form their 5-0 humiliation of the hapless Brighton, welcome actually relegated Fulham. Can only see home win, 2-1. 

Also down Huddersfield receive the ugly cloggers from Watford. Highlight #2 of this wee was Troy Deeney being sent off against Arsenal on Monday night. HE had given it plenty of chops beforehand about how tough he was and weak Arsenal are. He promptly clouted a chap right in the meat and two veg’ - for no obvious reason, and was given the red. 

Anyway, the ‘Ornets will take all three point there because Huddersfield are terrible.

Of little interest or consequence is West Ham v Leicester - really can’t be ars*d either way, except that Palace could theoretically catch West Ham (they won’t), so a goal by Vardy settles it. 1-0 to the Foxes.

Now of much more interest is Wolves hosting Brighton. Wolves need to show that bounce to get back in to contention for 7th, very much against expectations at the start of the season. Another multi-goal thrashing for Brighton would be dandy. I think they will park the bus though, so a tight 1-0 for Wolves.

The day ends with Southampton travelling to Newcastle, two peculiar teams trending water until the season ends. In reality each are safe, Saints have picked up since Ralf turned up. But the club needs a good Summer of trading to consolidate in the PL next year. Newcastle remain and ugly to watch basket case of a club. Against the norm for this season I am going 1-1. 

Sunday’s games start with Ole’s men going to Everton - who have been the oddest of odd-balls this season. Neither good, bad or consistent. Utd got a right learning off Barcelona in mid-week, largely because (whisper it) Ole is not that great at being a manger. A defeat here starts to put European football in serious doubt for them next year and in that case I wager a few of the ‘stars’ will be off to pastures new to compound the fact that about half a dozen need to be offloaded anyway. I would not be optimistic if I were a Utd fan. I think Everton steak this one to keep the fans on their side, 2-1.

Palace go to Arsenal and will achieve the usual nothing out of the match.  2-1 the Gunners.

Down in Wales and Cardiff have engineered the glimpse of safety by run through Brighton in mid-week.  A glimmer, a peak is all they have and would you know it, they come up against rampant Reds.   Eschewing the advice of Kenny Loggins, they will remain right in the danger-zone despite a spirited fight against Liverpool, losing 2-1.  

Now there’s a thread for the Summer of 2019; 

‘OT Top Gun – all action cinematic icon or homo-eroticism for the masses, discuss.’    And, since you asked I feel the most affinity with ‘Stinger’ – he of the cigars and ‘Son, you’re ego’s writing checks your body cant cash’ line and others, such as ‘rubber dog-sh** out of Hong Kong’ and ‘ Top Gun ???’ 

Finally Monday comes around and in the evening Chelsea have Burnley coming around to play.   Chelsea are another team that just want the end to come, asap.  Hazard will be on his toes in the summer, the club might e bona transfer ban and who knows if Sarri will stay.  Not a terrible season as they are still in Europe and could be CL next season, but that’s not how Chelsea works.   I am thinking one bit of magic or luck decides an otherwise drab encounter. 1-0 Chelsea. 

In other news Stoke look like they are about to lose to Middlesborough in the Pulis derby and then host league leaders Norwich on Monday.  A season to forget and a Summer to clear the decks in order for @Eoin's lads. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options

Then there is this one....

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

No wonder the baby boomer generation is so F'd up.

Options

Storms are a comin'....

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,098
    Options

Having flashbacks from last weekend at BB. Trying to decide to drink a beer or not.

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Yeah....me too. D@mn storms are active today.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

.....oh and can you grab me a couple bags of ice?😀

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options

Yeah it’s was pretty bad in North ATL Thisbe morning in places. The traffic lights were all still out for most of My ride at lunch.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options

Internet has been down for us since noon.

Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options

Easter Ham prep. Made a run to Costco to grab hams and @YukonRon Moon Cheese that he shared last week. Avoided the ribeye caps this time.

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options

@egginnc That opening pic is incredible. I realize it is likely on the back side of some crappy weather but...

Now for the grocery list- talk about clean livin' and sheer desire; top -shelf right there. I do believe I am too old to be the young son but he is livin' the dream. Great cooks for sure.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • egginnc
    egginnc Posts: 19
    Options

Thank you sir!!

• nolaegghead
    Options

damn, Mark. damn. you are down a serious rabbit hole. love it

Options
    Options

Henrik's viking sister in town from Denmark. Speaks English better than most Americans I know.

Options

Which reminds me that I have not watched Donnie Darko for a while. So that's this afternoon taken care of.

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options

Steak, sprouts and sweet potato stackers? All day.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options

Totally crap weather day (and predicted) so I am doing some creative writing for two Memorial Day events. Always a good feeling when you have enough done to know you can fill the time slot. And always good to have plenty of time to improve the whole thing.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,865
    Options

Now you tell me! Need to think of a Plan B for this evening, then.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options

I made pork. Got 2 x hocks out of the freezer and a bone in piece of leg. Rubbed with crushed garlic, EVOO and salt but the skin still didn't crackle properly. Serves with mash made from the inside of a lot of small King Edwards, the skins made into crispy / cheesy skins.

• nolaegghead
    Options