Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-- remote lighting help

Options
poster
poster Posts: 1,172

Ive been looking for a lighting solution for a couple days and cant seem to locate what i want. I figured someone here might have an idea that will help. I have a driveway about 250' long and live in a remote area with no street lighting so it can get pretty dark around the house. Myself or my wife come home at varying times in the dark often and would like to be able to turn my exterior house lights on by remote from our vehicles. The lights i want control of are all on one switch inside. I have found numerous ways to accomplish this through wi-fi switches, but i do not have good wi-fi signal on this side of my house. Also i dont like the idea of turning my wi-fi on, opening an app and then turning them on. What I would like is a one button remote that works similar to a garage door opener. My garage opener (detached) works great from 100' away easily. Also there are times when I won't want the lights to come on, so a drive through sensor isnt what i want either. Any ideas?

Comments