Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Damn @SGH looks good. 

I am slumming it today and doing chicken tenders (have some cut up breasts dry brining in fridge) and some fresh tortilla chips with home made salsa. 

FIRE UP THE FRYER!
    Options
    FIRE UP THE FRYER!
    I have to agree with this^^^^^^^^^.
    Fried food is still my downfall. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Hey @SGH I hope you got some 1/2 off specials with all that grub.  If not, you're gonna need a loan from BOTH @RRP and @DoubleEgger to start paying your food bill alone.

You may be whittling away, but dude, you can still put down some grub.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Hey @SGH I hope you got some 1/2 off specials with all that grub.  
    Brother Trim, I don’t know if you heard or not, but Bacchus in Biloxi shutdown 3 weeks ago. That’s a shame too. They were the ones who had the 1/2 price oysters everyday from 2-6. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Happiest place on earth, for ol' Walt. Not my wallet. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• thetrim
    Options
    SGH said:
    thetrim said:
    Hey @SGH I hope you got some 1/2 off specials with all that grub.  
    Brother Trim, I don’t know if you heard or not, but Bacchus in Biloxi shutdown 3 weeks ago. That’s a shame too. They were the ones who had the 1/2 price oysters everyday from 2-6. 
    I would’ve guessed so after you visited them so many times in such a short amount of time. You single handedly put them out of business.   
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Local meat market had sushi I tuna steaks for $9.99 a lb. grabbed 2.5 lbs of those, 2 crab cakes, and a hanger steak. Left work at 4 and on margarita #2 by this pic. Kids dinner was seared tuna with crab cakes and I grilled a banana and let it cook and gave them that with vanilla bean ice cream for desert. Grilling a banana in the skin till brown then cool some and top with vanilla ice cream is amazing. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options

Where you getting while wings like that locally? Loved it a couple years back when Costco had them but can’t find them now. Those look great and half the work.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Lit said:

Where you getting while wings like that locally? Loved it a couple years back when Costco had them but can’t find them now. Those look great and half the work.
    I picked these up on sale at Publix today. Greenwise too. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Lit said:

I picked these up on sale at Publix today. Greenwise too. 
    Nice.  Picked up 5# of wings that are drying in the fridge for game day tomorrow.  Yours look great.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Nice.  Picked up 5# of wings that are drying in the fridge for game day tomorrow.  Yours look great.
    Thanks. I was too lazy to drive out to Wilkes. Wilkes is my go to for everything these days.  
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Thanks. I was too lazy to drive out to Wilkes. Wilkes is my go to for everything these days.  
    Love Wilkes.  Ferguson’s was more on the way and I love their wings.  They had prime selections today including primals.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    Love Wilkes.  Ferguson’s was more on the way and I love their wings.  They had prime selections today including primals.
    Give Wilkes wings a try if you haven’t. I like them better than Ferguson’s. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited March 2019
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    I use to frequent Ferguson’s when I lived over in Forsyth County. Really enjoyed that place. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    How bout you cook me some...
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    I’m still waiting on that lamb...
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    I’m still waiting on that lamb...
    Oh hell.  Was it chops or ribs?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    @SGH, I'm curious as to what grub you get on the platforms?  I would think a shrimp dinner would be the last thing I'd want after spending weeks on the Gulf, but I don't know.  

Also, once again, pleasepleasePLEASE if you guys quote Scottie, could you please eliminate all the pics??  The thread otherwise takes way too long to load, for us folks in the boonies.  :cry:

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• thetrim
    Options

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Liberty!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Botch said:
    @SGH, I'm curious as to what grub you get on the platforms?  I would think a shrimp dinner would be the last thing I'd want after spending weeks on the Gulf, but I don't know.  
    It depends rig to rig, platform to platform and ship to ship. Let me explain. No matter what you are on, your meals will be based on what kind of cooks and galley personal that you have. For example, if the galley crew is Spanish, most of your meals will be at a minimum, Spanish oriented. Now substitute whatever nationality in place of Spanish above and that’s what most of your meals will be. No two rigs, platforms or ships will be the same. 
    The other thing that determines what you will have is your location. The farther out that you are, the less vendor options the oil companies have to buy from. Not all vendors deliver to Tampico or Guyana. As such, you are at the mercy of available vendors. 
    With all that said, by far and large the food is excellent. You just sometimes get a little burned out on eating the same “types” of food for a month. In my case, most of the food this go around was “Spanish”. Tacos, burritos, tamales, etc, etc. So believe me when I say that the seafood was a sight for sore eyes.  

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options

Options

Options
    SGH said:
    Botch said:
    It depends rig to rig, platform to platform and ship to ship. Let me explain. No matter what you are on, your meals will be based on what kind of cooks and galley personal that you have. For example, if the galley crew is Spanish, most of your meals will be at a minimum, Spanish oriented. Now substitute whatever nationality in place of Spanish above and that’s what most of your meals will be. No two rigs, platforms or ships will be the same. 
    The other thing that determines what you will have is your location. The farther out that you are, the less vendor options the oil companies have to buy from. Not all vendors deliver to Tampico or Guyana. As such, you are at the mercy of available vendors. 
    With all that said, by far and large the food is excellent. You just sometimes get a little burned out on eating the same “types” of food for a month. In my case, most of the food this go around was “Spanish”. Tacos, burritos, tamales, etc, etc. So believe me when I say that the seafood was a sight for sore eyes.  
    Interesting, Thanks!  I guess I was looking at it from a US military standpoint, a statistically "balanced" list of menu items, bought in bulk, and shipped in MRE's the world over.  
    I don't miss that part.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• bgebrent
    Options

Yum
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I just spent close to 2 hours sharpening *most* of our knives.  Still have a few to go but repetitive sharpening builds quality.   Used the Ken Onion Work Sharp.  I want to sharpen a few EDCs, but i want to use my Apex and I can't find it. 
    Options
    You know what they say, "Nothing good happens after midnight when sharpening knives."
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95