Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef short/plate ribs.

Options
I went freezer diving today after I discovered my shop had been broken into.  Several big-ticket items were stolen.  I thank @JohnInCarolina asking if I had a generator for BB or I don't think I would know of the theft now. In any case after filling out the police report, I put these short/plate ribs on around noon.  I took them off at 6:15 when they probed like butter.  I put up with a good bit of ribbing from the wife (inside joke) about being weak from malnutrition until she ate one.  I got a "that's really really good"! from her.  https://cooks.cloud.meater.com/cook/344fede2-4d7d-4c77-b971-56ad5099bf04  Not my best photo's but it's the best I could do when I started drinking at 1. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Comments

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,099
    Options
    Hell Yea!

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• marysvilleksegghead
    Options
    nice!
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the break-in. Hope they catch whoever did it and you get your stuff back. Nicely done on the ribs though :clap:. It means the world to me when I’m able to cook something for my wife that she really likes. 
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    Nothing worse than a damn thief  
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Nice dude!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Yes sir!!! Sorry to hear about your shop...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Gawjus ribs. Them generators are slippery....and apparently in high demand. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Yessir!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I've heard that   B)

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    I've heard that   B)
    I heard you can find them under the bridge. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bucky925
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bucky925 said:
    I've heard that   B)
    Yep, a good short rib bridge is hard to find.   =)

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Great looking ribs and a bit of salvation after the theft. 
    However, I would not need a freezer dive for beef ribs.  I would not forget about them although with advancing age that statement may ring hollow soon  ;)
    As mentioned above, thiefs, scum of the earth.  Hope they catch catch the ba$tards. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    bucky925 said:
    I've heard that   B)
    I’ve heard that’s a song by the RHCP.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bucky925
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Great looking ribs and a bit of salvation after the theft. 
    However, I would not need a freezer dive for beef ribs.  I would not forget about them although with advancing age that statement may ring hollow soon  ;)
    As mentioned above, thiefs, scum of the earth.  Hope they catch catch the ba$tards. 
    Actually, I had them laid out in the fridge for a couple of days.  I just didn't know when.  Today was the time!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Great cook after a bad situation. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95