Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PK 360?

Options
13»

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    ryantt said:
    @Lit any photos of your new 360 in action yet?  I keep thinking I may sell my XL egg and get one.  
    I have posted some in a couple different threads but I forgot to update this one. Several cooks in ive been using it every day. Really enjoying it but not sure it’s worth sacrificing the XL. 
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @DoubleEgger it has more to do with me being able to lift the lid these days than anything else.  I like the Weber summit because the lid is light weight and easy for me to manage, just looking at options for my busted a$$.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    ryantt said:
    @DoubleEgger it has more to do with me being able to lift the lid these days than anything else.  I like the Weber summit because the lid is light weight and easy for me to manage, just looking at options for my busted a$$.  
    It's blasphemy for many here of course but you should try one of the newer model KJ's with the airlift hinge - you can lift the dome with two fingers.
    If you wanted to remain green it might look funny but you could build a post/arm rig that could use pulleys to allow you to lift the dome of your XL. Or, just wait another year or two and your daughter should have no problem working the dome on your XL as she gets bigger.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    ryantt said:
    Might want to check out the PK hands on before you make any judgements on lid weight. The full size PK is still not light and no spring assist.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    ryantt said:
    It's blasphemy for many here of course but you should try one of the newer model KJ's with the airlift hinge - you can lift the dome with two fingers.
    If you wanted to remain green it might look funny but you could build a post/arm rig that could use pulleys to allow you to lift the dome of your XL. Or, just wait another year or two and your daughter should have no problem working the dome on your XL as she gets bigger.
    We’ve got a counter weight on it now, just thinking of options. I already have 2 KJs that are now Norah Grace’s.  I may just end up cooking on the blackstone from now on.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    ryantt said:
    @Lit any photos of your new 360 in action yet?  I keep thinking I may sell my XL egg and get one.  
    Why? There’s nothing the PK can do that the XL won’t. Mobility is the only difference. The PK size is cut in half at a minimum if you’re doing two zone “indirect”. Also, you’re trading a lifetime warranty for a ten year warranty. 

Yeah, but the lifetime warranty is only on the ceramics of course. The warranty on all the other parts is <10 years. The main parts of the PK's aren't ever going to crack or rust and many original PK grills from decades ago are still in use so I wouldn't let the warranty be a deal breaker.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk