Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Kingsford professional briquettes on sale at costco

Lit
Lit Posts: 9,053
For any of you with kettles or things that you burn briquettes in Costco has the (2) 18lb bags of their professional all natural on sale for $13.99 right now. Limit is 5 packages I grabbed the limit last night to get through till end of summer when they do it again. 

Comments

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    That is a deal.  It’s normally $9.99 bag at my Home Depot. HD was cleaning out last summer stock and sold me what they had left (9 bags) for $4.50/bag, so I am set.
  • Lit
    That is a deal.  It’s normally $9.99 bag at my Home Depot. HD was cleaning out last summer stock and sold me what they had left (9 bags) for $4.50/bag, so I am set.
    They only carry the regular Kingsford right? I haven’t seen the professional at my Home Depot. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Thanks for the heads up. I still use a Weber kettle now and then. I tossed two in the buggy with the prime brisket and pork butt for the weekend.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Are you burning some in the PK now? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Lit said:
    They only carry the regular Kingsford right? I haven’t seen the professional at my Home Depot. 
    My local HD stocked the Professional last summer, as well as the blue and match light.  It was not a big seller for this store, which is why they clearanced the remaining stock.  I have bought the regular blue 2/pk’s on sale for $9.99 in there.
  • Lit
    Delivery got pushed to today. Status just changed to delivered I’m on my way home to put it in the garage and then Ferguson’s for a prime tri tip and sausages for the kids dinner. Should be cooking in the next couple hours.
  • Lit
    Lit said:
    Delivery got pushed to today. Status just changed to delivered I’m on my way home to put it in the garage and then Ferguson’s for a prime tri tip and sausages for the kids dinner. Should be cooking in the next couple hours.
    So I made a double margarita when I got home to help put it together. Wasn’t in driving condition when I finished assembling. Made some brats for the kids dinner. Have a prime ribeye cap hot tubbing out of the freezer for my dinner. I have a feeling the simpsons 22” Weber kettle is going in the attic and this is my new garage grill. The shelf space is great. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    That looks nice man.  It looks bigger than I had pictured with food on it for scale. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Lit
    That looks nice man.  It looks bigger than I had pictured with food on it for scale. 
    Yeah it’s pretty big. Watched a video on YouTube where a guy did a 15lb Turkey on it. Crazy how simple it is there’s no hinge or anything the top and bottom just sit together and when you open it they interlock so the top can’t fall off.