Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Question

Options
NCque
NCque Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
At what temp do you pull the brisket off the egg? current internal is 171. dome temp at 300. set at 160 for a few hours and is now climbing out of the plateau. going on 6 hours now. thanks

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    NCque, I like to pull mine at 180 but I am no champion when it comes to brisket. I was readingthrough about five other recieps and see that ome says teh temperature should be between 170-195 and two others recomnmend 200. Shoudl be interesting to see what folks respond.

• Texas Geezer
    Options
    NCque, for what it's worth, I pull mine off at 195. But I notice that you're cooking yours at a higher temperature than I do (I go for 250 dome, about 225 grid), and I don't know what effect that will have on the desired doneness.
  • NCque
    NCque Posts: 76
    Options
    Wise One,[p]Yeah, 200 is what i was originally going for. been cooking at 275 for nearly the whole time and only cranked it up to 300 after i noticed it coming out of the plateau. guests are already here and are trying to get it finished up.
  • Apple
    Apple Posts: 49
    Options
    NCque, We do a lot of competitions and shoot for a 190 internal and then wrap and insulate - allowing the temp to increase to 200 - prior to slicing and turn in. I realize this doesn't help with your dinner tonight.....just my 2 cents worth. Steve.

• NCque,
    Go ahead and pull it. Let it rest for 15-20 min. slice and serve, it will be great. Remember its fron the egg, its got to be good.
    bobby

• BBQ-BoB
    BBQ-BoB Posts: 124
    Options
    NCque,
    I pull them around 185 but much also has to do with how they feel. I decide that either with a probe or a large meat fork.