Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beer can chicken

Options
Day 5 of owning an egg, yesterday is the first day I didn’t cook on it but we did eat leftovers from the egg so I’m still on a roll. So I know there are tons of posts on here of this but they all helped me so I’ll add this one to the forum.  Popped the skin loose with my hand under it last night and salted the bird then left uncovered in the fridge overnight.  My wife had the bird rubbed when I got home with a beer can chicken rub that’s been in the cupboard for a while even though I’ve never done a beer can before.  Cooked indirect at 350 till breast hit 165, took right at 1.5 hrs.  Skin was nice and crispy, but a little salty, and bird was good and moist. I like dark meat and thought that was delicious but the breast was a little plain.  Cooked well and not dry but could have used more flavor.  Two things I was planning on doing were wiping salt off that was used to dry skin before adding rub and getting some rub up under the skin. I think both of those would have made it better. Since my wife already had it rubbed when I got home those didn’t happen. She meant well and I prefer not to pay for it for the next 7 years so I didn’t say anything.  Besides it was still very good, just a few things that could make it a little better.  Again I have to thank all on this forum, everything about this cook I found and stole from other threads.  Wife made a side of asparagus and garlic in the oven. Paired very nicely with Miller lite, prefer a good IPA or porter but swimsuit season is coming up.

Comments