Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ BOX Monthly subscription.

Options
ryantt
ryantt Posts: 2,532
A few weeks back I posted a question asking if anyone new about the BBQ Box subscription program.  To my surprise no one seemed to know anything about it.  Well today I received my first box and I must say that I’m pleasantly surprised. Here are some photos of what I received.  

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Nice. What’s the monthly fee? 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I’ve seen Myron Mixon promoting these. Jerky in every box cuz somebiotch needs to eat somin while cookin bbq. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Off to a great start with month 1!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • marysvilleksegghead
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    https://www.bbqbox.com/subscribe/1100292541_BBQBox
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • ryantt
    edited March 2019
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    $25 month to month, which isn’t bad considering I get to try a new sauce rub or injection each month.  Not to mention my fat butt get a snack with it.  

• lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Options
    $25 for some jerky, rub, and fruit spread...NOPE!

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    No thanks. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Pretty cool!  Love trying new things, good way to check out stuff every month!

On the cost, I drop more than that just grabbing the kiddos something quick from any number of fast food joints.

I would be stoked if my wife got me that as a gift!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Tell us how you really feel, @bgebrent. ;)  

Is it just me, or are your comments getting briefer and taking on more of a naysayer quality? 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Tell us how you really feel, @bgebrent. ;)  

Is it just me, or are your comments getting briefer and taking on more of a naysayer quality? 
    He had a bad day. His team was shellacked. Puts a guy in a surly mood. 
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    That's a nice gift to get!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    lwrehm said:
    $25 for some jerky, rub, and fruit spread...NOPE!

It’s a really fancy box. Over half the price is the box and shipping costs. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Ray Ramano had a funny bit about monthly clubs he included in his show "Everybody Loves Raymond".

https://youtu.be/sNBwCQQpuaw

Flint, Michigan
  • ryantt
    Options
    @pgprescott I’m with you, would I have paid for it myself or picked it out....probably not, but I am so excited to see what we get next month.  

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    Wife signed me up for caskers.com a few years back. I think it was 3 bottles of bourbon and whiskey from all over the country, sent out once a quarter.
      That was probably over priced but awesome!!! Needed a adult signature from ups that was a bit of a pita but boy did that bring back memories of opening Christmas presents!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Have fun with it, but mystery boxes hold no appeal for me.
    Phoenix 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    blasting said:

Have fun with it, but mystery boxes hold no appeal for me.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Theoretically I would like it but I am overloaded with rub right now, many of the bottles unopened.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Theoretically I would like it but I am overloaded with rub right now, many of the bottles unopened.
    I’m running low myself. I might need to jump into the rub exchange this year. 
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Interesting. Croix Valley products are produced about 20 minutes from where I live. We have liked the stuff that we've tried (a few sauces and the bloody mixes, not rubs), but had no idea they produced so so many different products until I checked out their site after seeing this.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Interesting. Croix Valley products are produced about 20 minutes from where I live. We have liked the stuff that we've tried (a few sauces and the bloody mixes, not rubs), but had no idea they produced so so many different products until I checked out their site after seeing this.
    oh, I see an opportunity.  BloodyMary mix of the month!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Any recommendations? @StillH2OEgger
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    edited March 2019
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Any recommendations? @StillH2OEgger
    What stood out primarily was just that it was unique and not run of the mill flavors. I thought the blueberry sauce was too sweet, but my wife liked it. The cranberry BBQ sauce was more to my liking but not an every cook type sauce. My favorite was the brat sauce. I preferred the spicier bloody seasoning to the original, but both were good. Side note, the 45th Parallel distillery in New Richmond, WI produces Referent horseradish vodka that really makes a great bloody.
    Stillwater, MN